Robinson Studios Inc.
Deborah RobinsonAs community program director for Comcast Cable, Deborah Robinson became known as the host of locally oriented programs. In May, she moved on to a bigger challenge by starting her own production company.
Robinson Studios has two divisions - one that develops and markets programs and documentaries, and another that produces videos and programming for others.
"I guess I'm most proud of this move because it was a step of faith for me," says Robinson, 29. "Everything I did up to this point seemed very easy for me."
Robinson's immediate plans for her six-person company include producing the story of Daisy Bates' life, which she has acquired exclusive rights to, and launching a local newsmagazine program, which she hopes to air on a local station this fall.
A devout Christian, Robinson sees her career move as one directed by God, and she relies on her strong faith to empower her. She raised $425,000 to start her business and refuses to accept any of the potential obstacles in being a minority business owner.
"I don't walk in the myths that control black businesses," she says.
- Heartbleed? No Need for Heart Attack, We've Got Help, Advice
- CMS Database Shows Medicare Payments to Doctors, Others in 2012
- NY Post Reports Alice Walton Might Be Buyer of $70M Penthouse
- First Western: First for Dennis Smiley Cash? 10 hours ago
- $42.6 Million Transaction Visits Foothills Apartments (Real Deals) 10 hours ago
- Central Arkansas Medical Centers Collaborate, Compete in Tight Health Care Market 10 hours ago
- Slim Chickens' Goal: By 2025, 600 Outlets 10 hours ago
- Drones Take Place of News Choppers 10 hours ago