Caption goes here aderit omnia filia omnes famuli curvus in lucem. Regis ei sed quod ait est se in deinde cepit roseo commendavit patris super color est cum. (Photo by Mike Ortega)
Robinson Studios Inc.
Deborah RobinsonAs community program director for Comcast Cable, Deborah Robinson became known as the host of locally oriented programs. In May, she moved on to a bigger challenge by starting her own production company.
Robinson Studios has two divisions - one that develops and markets programs and documentaries, and another that produces videos and programming for others.
"I guess I'm most proud of this move because it was a step of faith for me," says Robinson, 29. "Everything I did up to this point seemed very easy for me."
Robinson's immediate plans for her six-person company include producing the story of Daisy Bates' life, which she has acquired exclusive rights to, and launching a local newsmagazine program, which she hopes to air on a local station this fall.
A devout Christian, Robinson sees her career move as one directed by God, and she relies on her strong faith to empower her. She raised $425,000 to start her business and refuses to accept any of the potential obstacles in being a minority business owner.
"I don't walk in the myths that control black businesses," she says.
- It's Been a Busy 4 Days at the State Insurance Commission
- TV News People: Don't Mess with Drew Carey on Twitter
- FedEx Schedules Groundbreaking for Southwest Little Rock Site
- Arvest Mortgage CEO Bill Roehrenbeck Joins PNC Bank of Delaware 5 days ago
- Brett Powell Named Director of the State Department of Higher Education 16 hours ago
- Asa Hutchinson Makes Board, Commission Appointments 16 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Cuts About 50 Positions at Bentonville Headquarters 2 days ago
- State Board Votes to Take Over Little Rock School District 2 days ago