Robinson Studios Inc.
Deborah RobinsonAs community program director for Comcast Cable, Deborah Robinson became known as the host of locally oriented programs. In May, she moved on to a bigger challenge by starting her own production company.
Robinson Studios has two divisions - one that develops and markets programs and documentaries, and another that produces videos and programming for others.
"I guess I'm most proud of this move because it was a step of faith for me," says Robinson, 29. "Everything I did up to this point seemed very easy for me."
Robinson's immediate plans for her six-person company include producing the story of Daisy Bates' life, which she has acquired exclusive rights to, and launching a local newsmagazine program, which she hopes to air on a local station this fall.
A devout Christian, Robinson sees her career move as one directed by God, and she relies on her strong faith to empower her. She raised $425,000 to start her business and refuses to accept any of the potential obstacles in being a minority business owner.
"I don't walk in the myths that control black businesses," she says.
- Video: Bank of the Ozarks Marks 20 Years as a Public Company at Nasdaq
- Watch the Wal-Mart Shareholders' Meeting Here
- SCA Pharmaceuticals to Build 90K-SF Plant in Connecticut
- Last Reporter, John Lyon, Is Laid Off at Arkansas News Bureau 8 hours ago
- Bank of the Ozarks Making Its Mark as Bank of the Nation 20 hours ago
- DF&A Names Scott Hardin Communications Director 11 hours ago
- Stone Bank Expanding West Little Rock Location 20 hours ago
- Burris, Bethel Settle Dental Suit Over Commission 20 hours ago