Robinson Studios Inc.
Deborah RobinsonAs community program director for Comcast Cable, Deborah Robinson became known as the host of locally oriented programs. In May, she moved on to a bigger challenge by starting her own production company.
Robinson Studios has two divisions - one that develops and markets programs and documentaries, and another that produces videos and programming for others.
"I guess I'm most proud of this move because it was a step of faith for me," says Robinson, 29. "Everything I did up to this point seemed very easy for me."
Robinson's immediate plans for her six-person company include producing the story of Daisy Bates' life, which she has acquired exclusive rights to, and launching a local newsmagazine program, which she hopes to air on a local station this fall.
A devout Christian, Robinson sees her career move as one directed by God, and she relies on her strong faith to empower her. She raised $425,000 to start her business and refuses to accept any of the potential obstacles in being a minority business owner.
"I don't walk in the myths that control black businesses," she says.
- Report: County Commission in Kansas Rescinds $500M Pledge for Tyson Foods Plant
- Little Rock Mayor Says City Will Vie for Amazon HQ
- Video: Bank of the Ozarks Marks 20 Years as a Public Company at Nasdaq
- Bank of the Ozarks Formally Announces New Headquarters 9 hours ago
- Colliers International Arkansas Merges with Irwin Partners 7 hours ago
- High Number of Applicants for Arkansas Medical Marijuana 16 hours ago
- I Shouldn't Have to Say This (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 2 days ago
- Amtran Site Sold in Conway; Saltgrass Steak House Sale Finalized 2 days ago