Robinson Studios Inc.
Deborah RobinsonAs community program director for Comcast Cable, Deborah Robinson became known as the host of locally oriented programs. In May, she moved on to a bigger challenge by starting her own production company.
Robinson Studios has two divisions - one that develops and markets programs and documentaries, and another that produces videos and programming for others.
"I guess I'm most proud of this move because it was a step of faith for me," says Robinson, 29. "Everything I did up to this point seemed very easy for me."
Robinson's immediate plans for her six-person company include producing the story of Daisy Bates' life, which she has acquired exclusive rights to, and launching a local newsmagazine program, which she hopes to air on a local station this fall.
A devout Christian, Robinson sees her career move as one directed by God, and she relies on her strong faith to empower her. She raised $425,000 to start her business and refuses to accept any of the potential obstacles in being a minority business owner.
"I don't walk in the myths that control black businesses," she says.
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Jobs at Sun Paper, Mercy Northwest, GW Communication & Sprint
- Dave & Buster's to Open in June at Grove at Gateway Town Center
- Robinson Center Adding Outdoor Terrace, Begins Booking Events
- Plans for Downtown Little Rock Bowling Alley, Beer Hall Progress 1 week ago
- Update: Sun Paper of China Picks Clark County for $1.3B Pulp Mill 6 days ago
- French Hill Names Warren Stephens, Others to Campaign Staff 4 months ago
- Gateway Town Center Tracts Top $10.4M (Real Deals) 6 hours ago
- Too Much Spending, Giving Force Osborne Family To Auction Assets 4 years ago