President and CEO
Warren StephensWarren Stephens finds something new, exciting and fun everyday at Stephens Inc.
"You never know what that is going to be when you are coming to work," says the 37-year-old president and CEO of the company.
Stephens came to work for his father, Jackson T. Stephens, in 1981 after finishing business school at Wake Forest University.
Though most of his time is spent on the investment banking side, Stephens says he has "done a lot of different things and enjoyed every one of them. That's one of the great things about being here. You can get exposed to a lot of different things."
Maintaining the stature of one of top investment houses off Wall Street is a continuous challenge, he says.
"I think we really try to carry on something that was here long before I was here," he says. "That is we protect and we are working in the best interest of our clients. Our decisions are based on that, not on what is in the best interest for us."
Stephens remains on the board of the Little Rock Boys Club and has been on numerous others. Away from the office, he works at lowering an eight-handicap on the golf course. "That's real good for me," he says. "That is probably as good as I am ever going to get."
- Update: Asa Hutchinson, Others React to DOJ Policy Change on Marijuana
- Alice Walton Sells Her 1,400-Acre Texas Ranch
- Gary Heathcott Responds to Arkansas Business Cover Story
- Windstream Confirms Elimination of 54 Jobs in Arkansas 2 days ago
- Simmons Continues Heartland Deconstruction 5 days ago
- Reporter Marci Manley Turns to PR; It's Not Shocking News 5 days ago
- Simmons First Declares Stock Split 20 hours ago
- Chip Blanchard on Community Banks Staying Centered at Home 5 days ago