Chief Financial Officer
First Commercial Corp.
Lynn WrightSome may find it hard to believe that a 32-year-old would sit as the chief financial officer and treasurer of Arkansas' largest banking corporation, but don't be surprised. This thirtysomething executive has worked for the bank for the last 10 years.
"I guess it is a strong desire to succeed and do well that has brought me to where I am," says a modest Lynn Wright. "I wouldn't want to talk about what I think makes me so great.
"I just try to do a good job in whatever I do."
Wright left his position as a staff auditor with the Author Young accounting firm (now Ernst & Young) to join First Commercial in 1984. Named 1994's William J. Smith Young Executive of the Year, Wright's management skills contributed to First Commercial's growth in eastern Texas, where the thrift has about three branches.
"I have a demanding schedule, but I try to strike a balance," he says. "I always found that hard work and honesty usually pay off, and so far it's working for me."
- Simmons Bank Gives $2.5M to UAPB for Athletics
- Walmart Atop Fortune 500 List for 6th Straight Year
- Full Text of Mark Stodola's Letter Saying He Won't Seek Re-Election
- Former Windstream Execs Acquire Home Energy Rx 2 days ago
- For CEOs, $11.7M Per Year Is Just Middle of the Pack 1 day ago
- Philip Mann To Leave ASO Director Post 23 hours ago
- Arkansas Heart Hospital Planning New Hospital, Medical Complex 2 days ago
- Arkansas Heart Hospital Keeps Up Steady Flow 5 days ago