Chief Financial Officer
First Commercial Corp.
Lynn WrightSome may find it hard to believe that a 32-year-old would sit as the chief financial officer and treasurer of Arkansas' largest banking corporation, but don't be surprised. This thirtysomething executive has worked for the bank for the last 10 years.
"I guess it is a strong desire to succeed and do well that has brought me to where I am," says a modest Lynn Wright. "I wouldn't want to talk about what I think makes me so great.
"I just try to do a good job in whatever I do."
Wright left his position as a staff auditor with the Author Young accounting firm (now Ernst & Young) to join First Commercial in 1984. Named 1994's William J. Smith Young Executive of the Year, Wright's management skills contributed to First Commercial's growth in eastern Texas, where the thrift has about three branches.
"I have a demanding schedule, but I try to strike a balance," he says. "I always found that hard work and honesty usually pay off, and so far it's working for me."
- FCC Approves Sinclair's $1B Deal to Buy Allbritton TV Stations, Including KATV
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Jerry Barakat Opening Japanese Restaurant in Hillcrest
- Bill Simon Stepping Down As Leader of Wal-Mart's U.S. Stores 10 hours ago
- NLR Sports Memorabilia Dealer John Rogers Sued for Missed Payment 4 days ago
- Josh Moody's Overwatch App Ready to Hit Market 1 day ago
- Mo Money, Uber Problems (Robert Coon On Politics) 1 day ago
- One Bank Sells Former Scooter Stuart House 4 days ago