Chief Financial Officer
First Commercial Corp.
Lynn WrightSome may find it hard to believe that a 32-year-old would sit as the chief financial officer and treasurer of Arkansas' largest banking corporation, but don't be surprised. This thirtysomething executive has worked for the bank for the last 10 years.
"I guess it is a strong desire to succeed and do well that has brought me to where I am," says a modest Lynn Wright. "I wouldn't want to talk about what I think makes me so great.
"I just try to do a good job in whatever I do."
Wright left his position as a staff auditor with the Author Young accounting firm (now Ernst & Young) to join First Commercial in 1984. Named 1994's William J. Smith Young Executive of the Year, Wright's management skills contributed to First Commercial's growth in eastern Texas, where the thrift has about three branches.
"I have a demanding schedule, but I try to strike a balance," he says. "I always found that hard work and honesty usually pay off, and so far it's working for me."
- Here's the New UALR Trojans Logo
- Twitter Reactions of Interest to SCOTUS Ruling
- UA Makes List of Top 100 US Patent Producers
- Former Hogs QB Clint Stoerner Tangles with Former Business Partners 3 days ago
- Here's the New UALR Trojans Logo 7 hours ago
- Little Rock Marks Milestone at Robinson Center Renovation 7 hours ago
- Wal-Mart SVP Rick Webb: NWA Needs Employees Educated in STEM 3 days ago
- Northwest Arkansas Transforming Into a Tech Hub 3 days ago