Bynum Home Furnishings
Randall BynumSiloam Springs native Randall Bynum never planned to manage a furniture company.
But as an accountant and later as a lawyer, he learned the value of entrepreneurship. When the opportunity arose to help run a family-based business, he jumped at the chance.
"It's always more fun to be in business than to be facilitating someone else's business," he says.
After finishing an accounting degree at the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville, he went to work for a Big 8 accounting firm in Tulsa. In 1986, Bynum went to Washington, D.C., for law school.
He moved back to Arkansas in 1993 and went to work for the Rose Law Firm in Little Rock. He married Anne McAdams soon thereafter, and the couple is now raising their 15-month-old daughter, Olivia.
Bynum and his family moved back to northwest Arkansas last year to help his father launch a new Springdale division of the family's Siloam Springs-based furniture company, Bynum Home Furnishings.
"You have to be a positive thinker - you have to believe in what you're doing," the 36-year-old Bynum says, summing up his outlook on life. "If you do that, you will succeed in it."
- Video: Tyson Unveils New Corporate Logo, Growth Strategy at Conference
- Hutchinson: Arkansas 'Ready to Go' on ACA Repeal But Concerned About Trade Tax
- Live Video: Watch Gov. Asa Hutchinson's Speech to the Legislature
- Democrat-Gazette Cuts Include Columnists Fellone and Haymes 1 day ago
- Broadway Bridge to Reopen Next Week 10 hours ago
- Video: Tyson Unveils New Corporate Logo, Growth Strategy at Conference 1 day ago
- Searcy Upgrades Infrastructure for Chance at New 'Power Center' for Shopping 3 days ago
- Amazon Resists Request for Echo Info in Arkansas Slaying 9 hours ago