Caption goes here aderit omnia filia omnes famuli curvus in lucem. Regis ei sed quod ait est se in deinde cepit roseo commendavit patris super color est cum. (Photo by Mike Ortega)
Wilson Engstrom Corum & Coulter
Nate CoulterWhen Nate Coulter was a young boy in Nashville, his mother often took him to the public library and checked out books on Abraham Lincoln, George Washington and John F. Kennedy.
"At some early age I was fascinated by politics and government," the 36-year-old Coulter says. "And it seemed that practicing law was akin to that."
He was a partner with the Wright Lindsey & Jennings law firm from 1987-93. He ran for lieutenant governor in 1993 and lost in a close race with Mike Huckabee.
Since then, he's been a partner in Wilson Engstrom Corum & Coulter. He credits his success to "a lot of very successful and impressive people" with whom he's been associated, including federal judges G. Thomas Eisele and Bill Wilson. He also served as assistant legal counsel to then-Gov. Bill Clinton and as campaign director for Sen. Dale Bumpers in 1992.
He's won several high-profile cases, including Harvest Foods Inc.'s sizable jury verdict against its former chief executive officer, Don Pennington.
Coulter's political career is not over by any means. He already has announced plans to run for attorney general in 1998.
- It's Been a Busy 4 Days at the State Insurance Commission
- TV News People: Don't Mess with Drew Carey on Twitter
- FedEx Schedules Groundbreaking for Southwest Little Rock Site
- Asa Hutchinson Makes Board, Commission Appointments 18 hours ago
- Brett Powell Named Director of the State Department of Higher Education 18 hours ago
- Arvest Mortgage CEO Bill Roehrenbeck Joins PNC Bank of Delaware 5 days ago
- Wal-Mart Cuts About 50 Positions at Bentonville Headquarters 2 days ago
- State Board Votes to Take Over Little Rock School District 2 days ago