Farmer Enterprises Inc.
Alec FarmerAlec Farmer's name is in keeping with agribusiness interests that include rice and cotton farming in Craighead County. The family's land-based business he leads also encompasses commercial and residential development.
"Something my family has instilled in me is to treat people like I want to be treated," Farmer says. "That makes it easy to go to work with a smile on my face."
The 32-year-old lawyer serves as a director at The Arkansas Bank in Jonesboro and Childress Gin & Elevator Co. Farmer was a member of the Attorney General's Task Force on Youth Gangs and community assistance program director for the state Legislative Council.
In 1986, he graduated cum laude from Arkansas State University with a bachelor's degree in marketing. Four years later, Farmer received a law degree from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock School of Law.
He is on the board of directors at the Greater Jonesboro Chamber of Commerce and the Greater Jonesboro YMCA. Farmer and his wife, Patricia, have two daughters - Madison and Hayley.
- Report: David Tovar Resigned From Wal-Mart Over Resume Falsehood
- Mobile-Payment Battle Brews Between Apple, Wal-Mart
- WSJ Looks at Crystal Bridges' 'State of the Art' Exhibit
- Crittenden Regional Hospital Files Chapter 7 Bankruptcy 1 day ago
- Court Formalizes Settlement With Banks Over Dennis Smiley Assets 1 day ago
- U.S. Marshals Museum Gets $5M Pledge 11 hours ago
- Update: AP Withdraws Story About Leslie Rutledge Letter 1 day ago
- CHI St. Vincent to Expand WLR Campus 1 day ago