Farmer Enterprises Inc.
Alec FarmerAlec Farmer's name is in keeping with agribusiness interests that include rice and cotton farming in Craighead County. The family's land-based business he leads also encompasses commercial and residential development.
"Something my family has instilled in me is to treat people like I want to be treated," Farmer says. "That makes it easy to go to work with a smile on my face."
The 32-year-old lawyer serves as a director at The Arkansas Bank in Jonesboro and Childress Gin & Elevator Co. Farmer was a member of the Attorney General's Task Force on Youth Gangs and community assistance program director for the state Legislative Council.
In 1986, he graduated cum laude from Arkansas State University with a bachelor's degree in marketing. Four years later, Farmer received a law degree from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock School of Law.
He is on the board of directors at the Greater Jonesboro Chamber of Commerce and the Greater Jonesboro YMCA. Farmer and his wife, Patricia, have two daughters - Madison and Hayley.
- Little Rock Marriott Caps $16M Renovations with Relaunch Party
- Rod Ford: Little Rock Startup Scene Needs Capital
- Community Bankers Group Responds to Wal-Mart's GoBank Checking Accounts
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- County Clerk Cancels Leslie Rutledge's Voter Registration 16 hours ago
- Sager Sells Allens Properties to Jim Bob Duggar 3 days ago
- Frost Acquires Phoenix Accounting Firm 15 hours ago
- Little Rock Marriott Caps $16M Renovations with Relaunch Party 20 hours ago