Farmer Enterprises Inc.
Alec FarmerAlec Farmer's name is in keeping with agribusiness interests that include rice and cotton farming in Craighead County. The family's land-based business he leads also encompasses commercial and residential development.
"Something my family has instilled in me is to treat people like I want to be treated," Farmer says. "That makes it easy to go to work with a smile on my face."
The 32-year-old lawyer serves as a director at The Arkansas Bank in Jonesboro and Childress Gin & Elevator Co. Farmer was a member of the Attorney General's Task Force on Youth Gangs and community assistance program director for the state Legislative Council.
In 1986, he graduated cum laude from Arkansas State University with a bachelor's degree in marketing. Four years later, Farmer received a law degree from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock School of Law.
He is on the board of directors at the Greater Jonesboro Chamber of Commerce and the Greater Jonesboro YMCA. Farmer and his wife, Patricia, have two daughters - Madison and Hayley.
- After Baltz Firing, CARTI Issues Statement
- Update: Asa Hutchinson, Others React to DOJ Policy Change on Marijuana
- Alice Walton Sells Her 1,400-Acre Texas Ranch
- Cantrell Drug Agrees to Stop Making and Selling Drugs 20 hours ago
- New Hot Springs Agency Licensed in Wake of Alliance Meltdown 2 days ago
- Cogswell Motors Owner, Wife Found Dead 4 days ago
- Insurance Agent Berry Bishop Accused of Fraud, Misuse of Premium 4 days ago
- Alliance Insurance Agents Surprised by AID Order; Plan to Buy Insolvent Agency 4 days ago