John GossThirty-eight-year-old John Goss has been driven to helping people all his life, a trait he says his parents instilled in him.
In fact, the review appraiser for Quality Mortgage in Little Rock is so entrenched in the central Arkansas volunteer community that he often heads up some of the organizations' efforts.
He is the chairman of the board of directors of Family Service Agency, a United Way agency that helps with consumer credit counseling and drug and alcohol counseling. He is the central and southwest Arkansas lieutenant governor for 10 Kiwanis clubs. And he was last year's chairman for Pulaski County's Shots for Tots program.
Goss' biggest chore may be juggling his time between several different organizations, a full-time job and a family.
Goss, his wife, Mary Ellen, and 5-year-old son, Russell, live in Little Rock's Hillcrest district.
"People under 40 are not doing as much as they ought to be doing," Goss says. It's a matter of priorities.
"I have all the outside commitments of anyone else," he says, "yet, I'm still doing it."
- Report: Maumelle Police Close Murder-Suicide Case Involving UALR Professor
- Happy #ARLEGValentines Day!
- Stone Ward's Danny Koteras Reviews Super Bowl Ads
- George Dunklin the High Bidder in Auction of Arkansas, Jefferson County Land 1 day ago
- Meet the Finalists of the 27th Annual Arkansas Business of the Year Awards 11 hours ago
- Outlets at Little Rock to Mark Grand Opening on Oct. 16 2 days ago
- Wal-Mart CEO Doug McMillon Talks Workers, Customers, Critics 15 hours ago
- Judge Dismisses Nucor's Federal Lawsuit Against Big River Steel 1 day ago