John GossThirty-eight-year-old John Goss has been driven to helping people all his life, a trait he says his parents instilled in him.
In fact, the review appraiser for Quality Mortgage in Little Rock is so entrenched in the central Arkansas volunteer community that he often heads up some of the organizations' efforts.
He is the chairman of the board of directors of Family Service Agency, a United Way agency that helps with consumer credit counseling and drug and alcohol counseling. He is the central and southwest Arkansas lieutenant governor for 10 Kiwanis clubs. And he was last year's chairman for Pulaski County's Shots for Tots program.
Goss' biggest chore may be juggling his time between several different organizations, a full-time job and a family.
Goss, his wife, Mary Ellen, and 5-year-old son, Russell, live in Little Rock's Hillcrest district.
"People under 40 are not doing as much as they ought to be doing," Goss says. It's a matter of priorities.
"I have all the outside commitments of anyone else," he says, "yet, I'm still doing it."
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Jobs at Sun Paper, Mercy Northwest, GW Communication & Sprint
- Dave & Buster's to Open in June at Grove at Gateway Town Center
- Robinson Center Adding Outdoor Terrace, Begins Booking Events
- Sprint to Add Regional HQ in Little Rock, 100 Jobs by Year's End 2 days ago
- Little Rock Tech Park Board Endorses I-30 Plan 4 days ago
- Jacksonville Buildings to be Demolished Before $65M High School Construction 1 week ago
- Wal-Mart's Greg Foran No. 1 In Exec Pay At $19.5M 5 months ago
- Innovation Hub's Second Maker Faire Is May 7 4 days ago