John GossThirty-eight-year-old John Goss has been driven to helping people all his life, a trait he says his parents instilled in him.
In fact, the review appraiser for Quality Mortgage in Little Rock is so entrenched in the central Arkansas volunteer community that he often heads up some of the organizations' efforts.
He is the chairman of the board of directors of Family Service Agency, a United Way agency that helps with consumer credit counseling and drug and alcohol counseling. He is the central and southwest Arkansas lieutenant governor for 10 Kiwanis clubs. And he was last year's chairman for Pulaski County's Shots for Tots program.
Goss' biggest chore may be juggling his time between several different organizations, a full-time job and a family.
Goss, his wife, Mary Ellen, and 5-year-old son, Russell, live in Little Rock's Hillcrest district.
"People under 40 are not doing as much as they ought to be doing," Goss says. It's a matter of priorities.
"I have all the outside commitments of anyone else," he says, "yet, I'm still doing it."
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Jerry Barakat Opening Japanese Restaurant in Hillcrest
- Waltons Check in at No. 1 on Forbes 'Richest American Families' List
- Bill Simon Stepping Down As Leader of Wal-Mart's U.S. Stores 5 hours ago
- Mo Money, Uber Problems (Robert Coon On Politics) 24 hours ago
- Josh Moody's Overwatch App Ready to Hit Market 21 hours ago
- NLR Sports Memorabilia Dealer John Rogers Sued for Missed Payment 4 days ago
- Federal Disaster Declarations Made for 10 Counties 20 hours ago