John GossThirty-eight-year-old John Goss has been driven to helping people all his life, a trait he says his parents instilled in him.
In fact, the review appraiser for Quality Mortgage in Little Rock is so entrenched in the central Arkansas volunteer community that he often heads up some of the organizations' efforts.
He is the chairman of the board of directors of Family Service Agency, a United Way agency that helps with consumer credit counseling and drug and alcohol counseling. He is the central and southwest Arkansas lieutenant governor for 10 Kiwanis clubs. And he was last year's chairman for Pulaski County's Shots for Tots program.
Goss' biggest chore may be juggling his time between several different organizations, a full-time job and a family.
Goss, his wife, Mary Ellen, and 5-year-old son, Russell, live in Little Rock's Hillcrest district.
"People under 40 are not doing as much as they ought to be doing," Goss says. It's a matter of priorities.
"I have all the outside commitments of anyone else," he says, "yet, I'm still doing it."
- Watch the Wal-Mart Shareholders' Meeting Here
- SCA Pharmaceuticals to Build 90K-SF Plant in Connecticut
- Startup Airline Glo Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Reorganization
- TV Academy Chapter to Honor Pitcock, Foley, Long and Short 1 day ago
- Asa Hutchinson Announces Appointments to Boards, Commissions 1 day ago
- Senate GOP Releases Bill to Cut Medicaid, Alter 'Obamacare' 10 hours ago
- Road Fix Up to Voters? ‘Well, Maybe' 4 days ago
- Pat Harris on The Rise of Real Estate in Northwest Arkansas 4 days ago