Area Manager, Product Promotion Center
Southwestern Bell Telephone Co.
Pat GrayPat Gray says seeking guidance and finding strong mentors are keys to success in any endeavor.
"A support system is always needed," Gray says. "It doesn't always come from whatever corporate or business structure you're in."
Gray, a graduate of Hendrix College, began her career with Southwestern Bell as a comptroller trainee in 1980. After working as assistant manager and then manager of comptrollers, she became an area manager in 1985.
She says she was able to climb Bell's ladder because she listened to others and was supported in her career.
"Having some people in the business that I could count on to give me good guidance and be honest - but fair - has been important to me," she says. "In business you find people who are dishonest and not fair."
Besides her working life, Gray holds positions on several corporate boards: Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield, First Pyramid Life and USAble Systems. She also volunteers her time on boards of the Arkansas Arts Center, Heifer Project International and the National Conference of Christians and Jews, among others.
- Simmons Bank Gives $2.5M to UAPB for Athletics
- Walmart Atop Fortune 500 List for 6th Straight Year
- Full Text of Mark Stodola's Letter Saying He Won't Seek Re-Election
- Former Windstream Execs Acquire Home Energy Rx 2 days ago
- For CEOs, $11.7M Per Year Is Just Middle of the Pack 2 days ago
- Philip Mann To Leave ASO Director Post 1 day ago
- Arkansas Heart Hospital Planning New Hospital, Medical Complex 2 days ago
- Fitzgerald Joins LRCVB as Marketing, Communications VP 2 days ago