Area Manager, Product Promotion Center
Southwestern Bell Telephone Co.
Pat GrayPat Gray says seeking guidance and finding strong mentors are keys to success in any endeavor.
"A support system is always needed," Gray says. "It doesn't always come from whatever corporate or business structure you're in."
Gray, a graduate of Hendrix College, began her career with Southwestern Bell as a comptroller trainee in 1980. After working as assistant manager and then manager of comptrollers, she became an area manager in 1985.
She says she was able to climb Bell's ladder because she listened to others and was supported in her career.
"Having some people in the business that I could count on to give me good guidance and be honest - but fair - has been important to me," she says. "In business you find people who are dishonest and not fair."
Besides her working life, Gray holds positions on several corporate boards: Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield, First Pyramid Life and USAble Systems. She also volunteers her time on boards of the Arkansas Arts Center, Heifer Project International and the National Conference of Christians and Jews, among others.
- IKEA is Coming to Memphis
- Twerking, Meditation Lead Year's Top Google How-To Searches in Little Rock
- Wal-Mart CEO Says Company's U.S. Workers Will Soon Make Above Federal Minimum Wage
- West Little Rock Retail Rings Up $4.5M Purchase (Real Deals) 14 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Investment in Solar Energy Transforms Industry 2 weeks ago
- Cody Metheny Parents: Hands Tied, Cannot Pay $2.1M Judgment 14 hours ago
- Stacey Schwartz Resigns as CEO of World Services for the Blind 2 hours ago
- The Best & Worst of 2014 14 hours ago