Governor's Director of Policy
Arkansas Governor's Office
Dan GreenbergDan Greenberg maintains a philosophical perspective on his jumping bean résumé in politics. The Pine Bluff native left the University of Chicago law program in 1992 and became deputy campaign manager and press secretary for 4th District U.S. Rep. Jay Dickey, the Republican from Pine Bluff.
Greenberg joined the staff of 3rd District U.S. Rep. Tim Hutchinson, the Republican from Bentonville, as a legislative aid in 1993 before a two-year stint as a congressional analyst with the Heritage Foundation.
He returned from Washington, D.C., in 1995 and became vice president and director of research for the Arkansas Policy Foundation before joining the Huckabee administration this year.
"It's probably best to interpret my career history as largely a tribute to, one, deciding not to finish law school and, two, dumb luck," Greenberg says. "These two qualities can take almost anyone a long way."
His education includes a bachelor's degree in philosophy with honors from Brown University in 1988 and a master's in philosophy from Bowling Green State University in 1990.
As a volunteer, the 30-year-old Greenberg has tutored high school students and worked with the Big Brother program.
- SCA Pharmaceuticals to Build 90K-SF Plant in Connecticut
- Startup Airline Glo Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Reorganization
- Wal-Mart Sets Date for Annual Meeting
- Aromatique Founder Patti Upton Dies At 79 3 days ago
- ABC Director Bud Roberts, Two Others Resign 3 days ago
- Arkansas Women's Hall of Fame Inducts 10 for 2017 Class 6 days ago
- Developer Brandon Huffman Manages Financial Windfall from Drywall 3 weeks ago
- Dealership Acquisitions Fuel McLarty Automotive Group 6 days ago