Green Bay Packers
Keith JacksonOn every football playing level, Keith Jackson has been the best at his position - from the elementary sandlot days to starring for Little Rock Parkview High School to the University of Oklahoma and on to the National Football League. Five times he's been honored as a Pro Bowl selection at tight end.
Jackson, 31 and in his ninth NFL season, began preseason drills two weeks ago with the Packers. His career has provided a lucrative income, and Jackson has returned some of that to Little Rock with the creation of Positive Atmosphere Reaches Kids, an recreational/educational facility for at-risk children in grades 8-11 that opened Feb. 1 at Gillam Park.
"I wanted to spend more time helping these kids off the street," Jackson said earlier this year about his $3.2 million project.
Jackson has invited many professional athletes to Little Rock for events to raise money for PARK.
"I know people God has blessed who don't give back," Jackson once told USA Today. "I think responsibility falls on you, when you're given a lot, to give a whole bunch."
- VentureBeat: Fayetteville's Qbox Raises $2.4M
- Bloomberg: Wal-Mart Looking to Rein In Expenses
- Memphis' Soul Fish Cafe Headed to Little Rock
- Little Rock's Original Fern Bar: How Buster's Birthed Dave & Buster's 5 days ago
- Today's Power to Provide Solar Array for Ozarks Electric Cooperative 1 day ago
- Fayetteville Businessman Gets 1 Year for Defrauding First Security Bank 23 hours ago
- Tyson Foods Employee Pleads Guilty to $550,000 Fraud 19 hours ago
- Supply Lags Demand for Osteopathic Residencies 5 days ago