Green Bay Packers
Keith JacksonOn every football playing level, Keith Jackson has been the best at his position - from the elementary sandlot days to starring for Little Rock Parkview High School to the University of Oklahoma and on to the National Football League. Five times he's been honored as a Pro Bowl selection at tight end.
Jackson, 31 and in his ninth NFL season, began preseason drills two weeks ago with the Packers. His career has provided a lucrative income, and Jackson has returned some of that to Little Rock with the creation of Positive Atmosphere Reaches Kids, an recreational/educational facility for at-risk children in grades 8-11 that opened Feb. 1 at Gillam Park.
"I wanted to spend more time helping these kids off the street," Jackson said earlier this year about his $3.2 million project.
Jackson has invited many professional athletes to Little Rock for events to raise money for PARK.
"I know people God has blessed who don't give back," Jackson once told USA Today. "I think responsibility falls on you, when you're given a lot, to give a whole bunch."
- UA Graduate's Design for WWI Memorial Wins Competition
- Here Are the Arkansas Stores Wal-Mart Is Closing
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson Rings NYSE Opening Bell, Appears on CNBC, Fox Business
- Glo Airlines Adds Direct Flights from Little Rock to Destin 7 hours ago
- Tech Park Talks Timeline with KATV; Mary Good to Step Down 9 hours ago
- Little Rock Law Firm Loses Money in Forgery Scam 4 days ago
- No Time Like The Present (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 4 days ago
- Developers Plan Staybridge Suites for Midtown Little Rock 2 days ago