Green Bay Packers
Keith JacksonOn every football playing level, Keith Jackson has been the best at his position - from the elementary sandlot days to starring for Little Rock Parkview High School to the University of Oklahoma and on to the National Football League. Five times he's been honored as a Pro Bowl selection at tight end.
Jackson, 31 and in his ninth NFL season, began preseason drills two weeks ago with the Packers. His career has provided a lucrative income, and Jackson has returned some of that to Little Rock with the creation of Positive Atmosphere Reaches Kids, an recreational/educational facility for at-risk children in grades 8-11 that opened Feb. 1 at Gillam Park.
"I wanted to spend more time helping these kids off the street," Jackson said earlier this year about his $3.2 million project.
Jackson has invited many professional athletes to Little Rock for events to raise money for PARK.
"I know people God has blessed who don't give back," Jackson once told USA Today. "I think responsibility falls on you, when you're given a lot, to give a whole bunch."
- Video: Bank of the Ozarks Marks 20 Years as a Public Company at Nasdaq
- Watch the Wal-Mart Shareholders' Meeting Here
- SCA Pharmaceuticals to Build 90K-SF Plant in Connecticut
- Legacy Capital Sells Corporate Benefits Business to OneDigital 16 hours ago
- Dispute Over Taxes Tears Family Apart 3 days ago
- Pasta Jack's Asks: What's In a Name? 3 days ago
- Bank of the Ozarks Making Its Mark as Bank of the Nation 3 days ago
- 8th Circuit Reverses Holmes, Tosses Sanctions Against Goodson, Others 2 days ago