Green Bay Packers
Keith JacksonOn every football playing level, Keith Jackson has been the best at his position - from the elementary sandlot days to starring for Little Rock Parkview High School to the University of Oklahoma and on to the National Football League. Five times he's been honored as a Pro Bowl selection at tight end.
Jackson, 31 and in his ninth NFL season, began preseason drills two weeks ago with the Packers. His career has provided a lucrative income, and Jackson has returned some of that to Little Rock with the creation of Positive Atmosphere Reaches Kids, an recreational/educational facility for at-risk children in grades 8-11 that opened Feb. 1 at Gillam Park.
"I wanted to spend more time helping these kids off the street," Jackson said earlier this year about his $3.2 million project.
Jackson has invited many professional athletes to Little Rock for events to raise money for PARK.
"I know people God has blessed who don't give back," Jackson once told USA Today. "I think responsibility falls on you, when you're given a lot, to give a whole bunch."
- IKEA is Coming to Memphis
- Twerking, Meditation Lead Year's Top Google How-To Searches in Little Rock
- Wal-Mart CEO Says Company's U.S. Workers Will Soon Make Above Federal Minimum Wage
- Wal-Mart Investment in Solar Energy Transforms Industry 2 weeks ago
- Outlets at Little Rock Developer Talks Construction, Tenants, Impact 3 days ago
- First Arkansas Bank Wins $14.5M Default Judgment Against John Rogers 2 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- With China Venture in Rearview Mirror, Mark McLarty Turns Efforts Home 3 days ago