Chief Financial Officer
Brewer Personnel Services Inc.
Robert JanesNo, as a child Robert Janes didn't merge all the Kool-Aid stands in Fort Smith into a conglomerate. It just seems he's been in mergers and acquisitions all of his 29 years.
Janes' career began in 1988 when he was accepted into the analyst program of the Stephens Inc. corporate finance department.
"We were right in the middle of the merger and acquisition craze," he says, noting that he got to work on Tyson Foods Inc.'s acquisition of Holly Farms Inc. in 1989 and Alltel Corp.'s takeover of Systematics Information Services Inc. in 1990. As an associate at Stephens, Janes worked on the firm's acquisition of Donrey Media Group in 1993.
"I did a lot of number-crunching and analysis," he recalls. "You learn so much on each deal because you're not only studying the deal you're working on, but all the others in the industry as well."
Janes brought his experience to Brewer Personnel Services in April 1995 and started on his biggest and most complicated deal: Brewer's proposed merger with five other staffing firms to form StaffMark Inc., which plans an initial public stock offering in the fall.
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Jerry Barakat Opening Japanese Restaurant in Hillcrest
- Waltons Check in at No. 1 on Forbes 'Richest American Families' List
- NLR Sports Memorabilia Dealer John Rogers Sued for Missed Payment 2 days ago
- Law Grads Still Finding Tight Market 2 days ago
- Top Brands Fuel Tyson's Biggest Play 2 days ago
- Obamacare Hit by Ruling, but Subsidies to Continue 1 hour ago
- Ashley Group Could Bring New Life to Pleasant Crossing in Rogers 2 days ago