Chief Financial Officer
Brewer Personnel Services Inc.
Robert JanesNo, as a child Robert Janes didn't merge all the Kool-Aid stands in Fort Smith into a conglomerate. It just seems he's been in mergers and acquisitions all of his 29 years.
Janes' career began in 1988 when he was accepted into the analyst program of the Stephens Inc. corporate finance department.
"We were right in the middle of the merger and acquisition craze," he says, noting that he got to work on Tyson Foods Inc.'s acquisition of Holly Farms Inc. in 1989 and Alltel Corp.'s takeover of Systematics Information Services Inc. in 1990. As an associate at Stephens, Janes worked on the firm's acquisition of Donrey Media Group in 1993.
"I did a lot of number-crunching and analysis," he recalls. "You learn so much on each deal because you're not only studying the deal you're working on, but all the others in the industry as well."
Janes brought his experience to Brewer Personnel Services in April 1995 and started on his biggest and most complicated deal: Brewer's proposed merger with five other staffing firms to form StaffMark Inc., which plans an initial public stock offering in the fall.
- Duncan Mac Naughton Out as Wal-Mart Chief Merchandising Officer
- Sam's Club, Dillard's Make Consumer Reports Naughty & Nice List
- Dillard's Investor Advises Company to Pursue REIT Spinoff
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Joe Thompson To Leave Surgeon General Post; John Selig Asked to Stay at DHS 2 days ago
- Sam's Club, Dillard's Make Consumer Reports Naughty & Nice List 3 days ago
- Blue & You Foundation Gives $2.6M in Grants 2 days ago
- Gov.-elect Asa Hutchinson Begins Bureaucrat Shuffle 3 days ago