Martin & Martin
Tim MartinTim Martin became interested in a career in advertising when he wrote a high school term paper titled, of all things, "Deceptive Advertising."
"The more I learned about advertising, the more intrigued I became with the ability to persuade and motivate people into action through advertising," Martin says.
Fresh out of college, Martin sold advertising for the Arkansas Gazette,then went to work with the Poole Advertising Agency in Pine Bluff. The agency's largest account was Jefferson Regional Medical Center, whose marketing director was Cheryl Fowler, later Mrs. Tim Martin and one of the Martins in Martin & Martin.
The agency that started in an 8-foot-by-12-foot office has grown 58 percent a year to annual revenues of $3.5 million, has 17 employees and is about to move into spacious offices in the Museum Center of Little Rock's riverfront development, thanks in large part to winning the Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield account last year.
The 35-year-old Martin, says his secret has been to surround himself with talented people, tell them what is needed "and then get the heck out of the way."
- Judge Puts Brakes on Parks Lawsuit Against Tyson
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Jobs at Sun Paper, Mercy Northwest, GW Communication & Sprint
- Dave & Buster's to Open in June at Grove at Gateway Town Center
- SPONSORED: 3 Ways Wharton Business Scholars Challenge Retirement Thinking 1 day ago
- 4 Insurers Propose Rate Increases of at Least 10 Percent 2 days ago
- Pulaski County's Most Expensive Home Sales of 2015 3 days ago
- Northwest Arkansas' Most Expensive Home Sales of 2015 3 days ago
- Tux Dollars at Work as Menguin Raises Nearly $1M from Investors 3 days ago