Martin & Martin
Tim MartinTim Martin became interested in a career in advertising when he wrote a high school term paper titled, of all things, "Deceptive Advertising."
"The more I learned about advertising, the more intrigued I became with the ability to persuade and motivate people into action through advertising," Martin says.
Fresh out of college, Martin sold advertising for the Arkansas Gazette,then went to work with the Poole Advertising Agency in Pine Bluff. The agency's largest account was Jefferson Regional Medical Center, whose marketing director was Cheryl Fowler, later Mrs. Tim Martin and one of the Martins in Martin & Martin.
The agency that started in an 8-foot-by-12-foot office has grown 58 percent a year to annual revenues of $3.5 million, has 17 employees and is about to move into spacious offices in the Museum Center of Little Rock's riverfront development, thanks in large part to winning the Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield account last year.
The 35-year-old Martin, says his secret has been to surround himself with talented people, tell them what is needed "and then get the heck out of the way."
- Bentonville's Transformation Subject of Ad Age Spotlight
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas
- Arkansans Have Endured 80k Political Ads Worth $33.1M
- Brandon Barber Sentenced to 65 Months in Prison for Fraud, Money Laundering 2 days ago
- Dennis Smiley's Wife Cynthia Files Chapter 7 Bankruptcy 20 hours ago
- Sweet: ‘A Pure Arkansas-Flavored Investment' for Arkansas Teachers Retirement System 3 days ago
- Crystal Bridges Announces 2015 Exhibits, Including Warhol, van Gogh, Pollock 2 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago