Martin & Martin
Tim MartinTim Martin became interested in a career in advertising when he wrote a high school term paper titled, of all things, "Deceptive Advertising."
"The more I learned about advertising, the more intrigued I became with the ability to persuade and motivate people into action through advertising," Martin says.
Fresh out of college, Martin sold advertising for the Arkansas Gazette,then went to work with the Poole Advertising Agency in Pine Bluff. The agency's largest account was Jefferson Regional Medical Center, whose marketing director was Cheryl Fowler, later Mrs. Tim Martin and one of the Martins in Martin & Martin.
The agency that started in an 8-foot-by-12-foot office has grown 58 percent a year to annual revenues of $3.5 million, has 17 employees and is about to move into spacious offices in the Museum Center of Little Rock's riverfront development, thanks in large part to winning the Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield account last year.
The 35-year-old Martin, says his secret has been to surround himself with talented people, tell them what is needed "and then get the heck out of the way."
- Here's the Wells Fargo Foreclosure Lawsuit on the Regions Bank Building
- Video: Asa Hutchinson Talks Tax Cut, Marijuana, Trump
- Fed's James Bullard: Only One Rate Hike Needed Now
- Tally of Largest Commercial Building Projects in Arkansas Hits $2.4 Billion 3 days ago
- $1M Land Deal Launches Trampoline Park in Fayetteville 22 hours ago
- Little Rock Tech Park Announces First Tenants 1 day ago
- Murphy Oil Adds Keller to Board, Elevates 2 EVPs 22 hours ago
- Arkansas Scholarship Lottery Picks CJRW for $34.5M Contract 1 day ago