Martin & Martin
Tim MartinTim Martin became interested in a career in advertising when he wrote a high school term paper titled, of all things, "Deceptive Advertising."
"The more I learned about advertising, the more intrigued I became with the ability to persuade and motivate people into action through advertising," Martin says.
Fresh out of college, Martin sold advertising for the Arkansas Gazette,then went to work with the Poole Advertising Agency in Pine Bluff. The agency's largest account was Jefferson Regional Medical Center, whose marketing director was Cheryl Fowler, later Mrs. Tim Martin and one of the Martins in Martin & Martin.
The agency that started in an 8-foot-by-12-foot office has grown 58 percent a year to annual revenues of $3.5 million, has 17 employees and is about to move into spacious offices in the Museum Center of Little Rock's riverfront development, thanks in large part to winning the Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield account last year.
The 35-year-old Martin, says his secret has been to surround himself with talented people, tell them what is needed "and then get the heck out of the way."
- Duncan Mac Naughton Out as Wal-Mart Chief Merchandising Officer
- Sam's Club, Dillard's Make Consumer Reports Naughty & Nice List
- Dillard's Investor Advises Company to Pursue REIT Spinoff
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- US Attorney Files to Dismiss Mail Fraud Charges Against Martha Shoffner 18 hours ago
- Gov.-elect Asa Hutchinson Begins Bureaucrat Shuffle 2 days ago
- Joe Thompson To Leave Surgeon General Post; John Selig Asked to Stay at DHS 19 hours ago
- Wal-Mart's Top Merchant Out as Key Holiday Nears 17 hours ago