Martin & Martin
Tim MartinTim Martin became interested in a career in advertising when he wrote a high school term paper titled, of all things, "Deceptive Advertising."
"The more I learned about advertising, the more intrigued I became with the ability to persuade and motivate people into action through advertising," Martin says.
Fresh out of college, Martin sold advertising for the Arkansas Gazette,then went to work with the Poole Advertising Agency in Pine Bluff. The agency's largest account was Jefferson Regional Medical Center, whose marketing director was Cheryl Fowler, later Mrs. Tim Martin and one of the Martins in Martin & Martin.
The agency that started in an 8-foot-by-12-foot office has grown 58 percent a year to annual revenues of $3.5 million, has 17 employees and is about to move into spacious offices in the Museum Center of Little Rock's riverfront development, thanks in large part to winning the Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield account last year.
The 35-year-old Martin, says his secret has been to surround himself with talented people, tell them what is needed "and then get the heck out of the way."
- Video: Doug McMillon on Why Wal-Mart Chose Jet.com
- Wall Street Journal: Bank of the Ozarks Fills Loan Void in Big Markets
- Video: Watch Asa Hutchinson, Leslie Rutledge Speak at the Republican National Convention
- Sherwood, Pulaski County Sued Over Hot Check Court Fines, Arrests 2 days ago
- Issue 3: A Job-Luring Amendment, or Corporate Welfare? 3 days ago
- MedExpress Opens In Pine Bluff 3 days ago
- NorthShore Raid Focus of Federal Grand Jury 3 days ago
- Group Buys Legacy Hotel for $2.85M, Plans $5M in Renovations 1 week ago