Henry Neely II
Ernst & Young
Henry Neely IIWhen several of Henry "Hank" Neely's friends in college decided to major in accounting, the move sounded like a prudent choice, and he decided to join them.
"It came very naturally to me," the 35-year-old tax department senior manager and director of Little Rock's Ernst & Young office says.
After graduating with a economics and business degree from Hendrix College in Conway in 1983, he joined Arthur Andersen in Oklahoma City.
Neely is originally from north Louisiana, but his parents were Hendrix grads and hailed from the Natural State.
As office manager at Ernst & Young, the ongoing quality of the accounting firm is a big concern of his.
"We have to make certain that we maintain the quality of the service we provide," he says. "Recruiting and retention is a critical factor."
Neely's wife, Rene, is a Little Rock native. The couple has two sons: H.E., age 9, and Wilson, age 6.
He used to play volleyball in leagues and says he really enjoyed playing golf, but his hobbies have been put on hold indefinitely.
"It seems I'm doing whatever my kids happen to be doing," he says with a laugh.
- SCA Pharmaceuticals to Build 90K-SF Plant in Connecticut
- Startup Airline Glo Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Reorganization
- Wal-Mart Sets Date for Annual Meeting
- Bark Bar Nears Opening With No Time to Paws 20 hours ago
- A Look Inside a $12.4 Million Slap at Wal-Mart 2 weeks ago
- Different Drug War Rages Over Savings, Prescription Costs 20 hours ago
- Wayne Miller Tapped to Head FinTech Accelerator (Movers & Shakers) 20 hours ago
- Grand Savings, Citizens Banks Add Execs in Rogers (NWA Movers & Shakers) 20 hours ago