Technology Partners Inc./Inacom Information Systems
Wayne NewsonIt's been almost four years since Wayne Newson and his partner, Tom Allen, resigned from The Future Now Inc. and began Inacom Information Systems.
"It was an easy decision because we were sure The Future Now processes wouldn't support our customers' needs," Newson says. "It was tough because we had built good relationships with our customers."
Newson says he and Allen were sort of "kidnapped" by customers.
"They told us we had to go into business for ourselves," Newson says.
Newson gained valuable experience as an intern at IBM Corp. and as a marketing support assistant for The Computer Shoppe. He spent about four years as a sales consultant at The Future Now.
Inacom opened a branch office in Fayetteville in 1993 and is hoping to start training and service centers in Fort Smith, Hot Springs and perhaps Jonesboro.
Besides building Inacom, Newson has been working with Greater Friendship Inc. to help revitalize the Granite Mountain community. He's also returned to college and plans to finish his degree at Philander Smith College next spring.
- Bloomberg: Verizon Communications to Shed Regional Offices
- Video: Doug McMillon Talks Changes, US Economy on CNBC
- Governor: Arkansas Will Be in 'Top Tier' of Trading Partners with Cuba
- Georgia-Pacific's Crossett Mill On Front Line of Tissue Wars 2 days ago
- Scott Inman to Leave KATV in Early 2016 8 hours ago
- Simmons First Unveils Plan to Move Pine Bluff Forward 1 day ago
- Jury Convicts Oklahoma Man for Defrauding Broyles Foundation 10 hours ago
- Gary Rickenbach Offers Conditional Guilty Plea in One Bank Case 7 hours ago