Technology Partners Inc./Inacom Information Systems
Wayne NewsonIt's been almost four years since Wayne Newson and his partner, Tom Allen, resigned from The Future Now Inc. and began Inacom Information Systems.
"It was an easy decision because we were sure The Future Now processes wouldn't support our customers' needs," Newson says. "It was tough because we had built good relationships with our customers."
Newson says he and Allen were sort of "kidnapped" by customers.
"They told us we had to go into business for ourselves," Newson says.
Newson gained valuable experience as an intern at IBM Corp. and as a marketing support assistant for The Computer Shoppe. He spent about four years as a sales consultant at The Future Now.
Inacom opened a branch office in Fayetteville in 1993 and is hoping to start training and service centers in Fort Smith, Hot Springs and perhaps Jonesboro.
Besides building Inacom, Newson has been working with Greater Friendship Inc. to help revitalize the Granite Mountain community. He's also returned to college and plans to finish his degree at Philander Smith College next spring.
- Report: County Commission in Kansas Rescinds $500M Pledge for Tyson Foods Plant
- Little Rock Mayor Says City Will Vie for Amazon HQ
- Video: Bank of the Ozarks Marks 20 Years as a Public Company at Nasdaq
- Del Monte Foods Sells Sager Creek, Siloam Springs Plant Closes 2 days ago
- Arlington Hotel Owner Hires Cromwell Architects to Assess Property 14 hours ago
- Former Mayor Jim Dailey Named State Tourism Director 18 hours ago
- Menguin of Fayetteville Sold for $25M 11 hours ago
- Report: County Commission in Kansas Rescinds $500M Pledge for Tyson Foods Plant 3 days ago