Technology Partners Inc./Inacom Information Systems
Wayne NewsonIt's been almost four years since Wayne Newson and his partner, Tom Allen, resigned from The Future Now Inc. and began Inacom Information Systems.
"It was an easy decision because we were sure The Future Now processes wouldn't support our customers' needs," Newson says. "It was tough because we had built good relationships with our customers."
Newson says he and Allen were sort of "kidnapped" by customers.
"They told us we had to go into business for ourselves," Newson says.
Newson gained valuable experience as an intern at IBM Corp. and as a marketing support assistant for The Computer Shoppe. He spent about four years as a sales consultant at The Future Now.
Inacom opened a branch office in Fayetteville in 1993 and is hoping to start training and service centers in Fort Smith, Hot Springs and perhaps Jonesboro.
Besides building Inacom, Newson has been working with Greater Friendship Inc. to help revitalize the Granite Mountain community. He's also returned to college and plans to finish his degree at Philander Smith College next spring.
- Dillard's Investor Advises Company to Pursue REIT Spinoff
- Video: ARK Challenge Concludes Fourth Run in Little Rock
- The Hop Diner is Closing; At the Corner Opening in Its Place
- Windstream to Cut 350 Positions, 38 In Arkansas, by December 22 hours ago
- Warren Stephens' Halifax Media Sells to New York Firm 6 hours ago
- Grub's Bar & Grille Expands to Fort Smith 5 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Dillard's Investor Advises Company to Pursue REIT Spinoff 1 day ago