Stacy PittmanThat Stacy Pittman would work in the communications field is practically a genetically foregone conclusion. She is a daughter of Bob Sells, president and chief executive officer of the Sells & Associates ad agency, where her brother, Mike, is a vice president.
"Mike and I grew up on a family that communicated," Pittman says.
Pittman worked for Southwestern Bell Telephone Co. and for her father for several years before starting her own public relations consulting business in 1994. Last February she teamed with Jonathan Portis to form Pittman/Portis Communications.
Pittman has worked on the teams that helped get the state's Patient Protection Act (any-willing-provider legislation) and the soft-drink bottling tax approved, both against stiff and well-financed competition. The state Democratic Party also is a client.
She takes the most pride, however, in volunteer work with the Highway Heroes program to reduce drunk driving by encouraging designated drivers. Pittman's first husband, Tim Brewer, was killed in a car wreck involving a drunk driver in 1987.
- See the Trailer for 'Antiquities,' A Film Shot in Arkansas
- Video: Watch the Walmart Shareholders' Meeting Here
- The Hub Featured in PBS' 'NewsHour'
- Landreaux Named 1st Woman to Lead Entergy Arkansas; Riley Goes to New Orleans 21 hours ago
- First Security Fights 'Warehouse Sale' of Lauren James 1 day ago
- Duke Replaces Duke at Capital Bank 1 day ago
- Bailey-Led BSR REIT Goes Public Via Toronto 1 day ago
- Taylor & Taylor Sues a Rival: Taylor & Taylor 1 day ago