Stacy PittmanThat Stacy Pittman would work in the communications field is practically a genetically foregone conclusion. She is a daughter of Bob Sells, president and chief executive officer of the Sells & Associates ad agency, where her brother, Mike, is a vice president.
"Mike and I grew up on a family that communicated," Pittman says.
Pittman worked for Southwestern Bell Telephone Co. and for her father for several years before starting her own public relations consulting business in 1994. Last February she teamed with Jonathan Portis to form Pittman/Portis Communications.
Pittman has worked on the teams that helped get the state's Patient Protection Act (any-willing-provider legislation) and the soft-drink bottling tax approved, both against stiff and well-financed competition. The state Democratic Party also is a client.
She takes the most pride, however, in volunteer work with the Highway Heroes program to reduce drunk driving by encouraging designated drivers. Pittman's first husband, Tim Brewer, was killed in a car wreck involving a drunk driver in 1987.
- Caterpillar to Lay Off 60 in North Little Rock
- Video: Doug McMillon on Why Wal-Mart Chose Jet.com
- Wall Street Journal: Bank of the Ozarks Fills Loan Void in Big Markets
- Wal-Mart Takes Texas to Court to Crack Liquor-Sales Market 5 hours ago
- Latest Numbers Factor in Arkansas Medicaid Debate (Andrew DeMillo Analysis) 5 hours ago
- Harry Scott, Former President of Thompson Industries of Russellville, Dies at 64 3 years ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 4 years ago
- Tacos 4 Life to Open Restaurant in Little Rock 2 days ago