Troy A. Price
Wright Lindsey & Jennings
Troy A. Price"I always wanted to make a difference," says Troy A. Price on his decision to enter the University of Arkansas at Little Rock School of Law after working as a sportswriter for The Jonesboro Sun. "But I went into law rather unfocused on my goals."
Once Price got a taste of the various fields of law, he easily settled on business and commercial litigation.
"It's definitely a fulfilling profession," Price says. "You get the sense that what you do is important, so how well you do your job really makes a difference. Of course, with the practice of law, your best work isn't always rewarded; the verdict isn't always what you want. The sense of pride you get when you've done your job well will even survive an adverse decision."
Price also works with the Volunteer Organization Center for Arkansas Legal Services.
"It's rewarding because those of us who work for corporations and businesses sometimes forget that some people can't afford legal representation," he says. "And even the most elemental legal procedures can make such a difference in a person's life."
- UA Graduate's Design for WWI Memorial Wins Competition
- Here Are the Arkansas Stores Wal-Mart Is Closing
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson Rings NYSE Opening Bell, Appears on CNBC, Fox Business
- Hutchinson, AEDC Launch 'Arkansas Inc.' to Recruit, Retain Companies 2 days ago
- East Little Rock's 'Innovation Alley' Drawing Grit, Funk Lovers 5 days ago
- Murphy USA to Sell CAM Pipeline for $85M; 4Q Income Down 32 Percent 2 days ago
- Acxiom Reports 3Q Loss, But Revenue, Earnings Guidance Rises 2 days ago
- Wayne Farms Plant in Laurel, Mississippi, to Lay Off 500 2 days ago