President, Chief Operating Officer
TCBY Enterprises Inc.
James SaheneJames Sahene knew he wanted to work for TCBY when he was 26 years old.
"I was a store manager at the location on Kavanaugh [Boulevard]," says the 36-year-old Sahene. "Mr. [Frank] Hickingbotham [TCBY founder and chief executive officer] came in the store. In those days he was still giving weekly talks in the stores. He mentioned then that he was looking forward to one of the managers of those stores taking his position. That was a turning point for me. I remembered it."
Sahene, a native of Pittsburgh, began his career with TCBY in 1986 in that store on Kavanaugh.
"There were about 250 stores worldwide," Sahene says. "There are about 2,500 locations now."
Sahene says he worked his way through the ranks and was involved in operations - opening stores throughout the country. He was moved to senior vice president of operations in 1990 and named executive vice president in 1992. He became president and chief operating officer in 1994.
Sahene has served on the United Cerebral Palsy VIP panel for the past three years.
- Wal-Mart Sets Date for Annual Meeting
- Chris Masingill Responds to Trump Budget, Which Would End DRA
- Here Are the Draft Rules for Medical Marijuana Dispensaries, Cultivators
- Lawsuit, Liens Hit Scott Reed's Main Street Projects 2 years ago
- The Influencers: Michael Poore of the Little Rock School District 1 week ago
- Zombies Beware: Pine Bluff Is Rising 6 hours ago
- Central Arkansas Water CEO Tad Bohannon Keeps Ratepayers Tapped In 1 week ago
- The Influencers: Darrin Williams of Southern Bancorp 1 week ago