Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing
Yarnell Ice Cream Co.
Doug SandersDoug Sanders is savoring his second dip at Yarnell Ice Cream Co. He rejoined the company in 1991 after a 5-year hiatus to work in his family's real estate development business in his native Nashville, Tenn.
Since his return to Yarnell's, the company has expanded into southern Missouri, western Kentucky, eastern Texas, northern Louisiana and all of Oklahoma.
"The groundwork for growth was laid before I came back," he says.
Sanders joined the firm in 1978 as an administrative assistant during his junior year at Harding University, where he received an economics and finance degree. A year later, he was named controller, a position he held until 1986.
The 39-year-old executive is a licensed facilitator for the Covey Leadership Center and serves on the marketing council of the International Association of Ice Cream Manufacturers.
Sanders is past president of the Searcy Kiwanis Club and a member of the president's development council at Harding. He and his wife, Jean, have two children, Lauren and Houston.
- CinemaCon 2015 Will Have an Arkansas Flavor
- Wal-Mart Commends Asa Hutchinson for Work on HB1228
- Wal-Mart Is Now Calling for a Veto of HB1228
- Widespread Growth Seen in Northwest Arkansas 5 days ago
- Commission Approves Osteopathic Medical School at Arkansas State 18 hours ago
- Communication as a Management Skill (Karen Leonard Expert Advice) 2 months ago
- Windstream Spinoff CS&L to Begin Trading on Monday 9 hours ago
- Wal-Mart CEO Doug McMillon Gets $19.4M Pay Package 2 days ago