Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing
Yarnell Ice Cream Co.
Doug SandersDoug Sanders is savoring his second dip at Yarnell Ice Cream Co. He rejoined the company in 1991 after a 5-year hiatus to work in his family's real estate development business in his native Nashville, Tenn.
Since his return to Yarnell's, the company has expanded into southern Missouri, western Kentucky, eastern Texas, northern Louisiana and all of Oklahoma.
"The groundwork for growth was laid before I came back," he says.
Sanders joined the firm in 1978 as an administrative assistant during his junior year at Harding University, where he received an economics and finance degree. A year later, he was named controller, a position he held until 1986.
The 39-year-old executive is a licensed facilitator for the Covey Leadership Center and serves on the marketing council of the International Association of Ice Cream Manufacturers.
Sanders is past president of the Searcy Kiwanis Club and a member of the president's development council at Harding. He and his wife, Jean, have two children, Lauren and Houston.
- Bentonville's Transformation Subject of Ad Age Spotlight
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas
- Arkansans Have Endured 80k Political Ads Worth $33.1M
- Dennis Smiley's Wife Cynthia Files Chapter 7 Bankruptcy 1 day ago
- #ARPX: What to Watch on Election Day (Robert Coon & Blake Rutherford On Politics) 20 hours ago
- Brandon Barber Sentenced to 65 Months in Prison for Fraud, Money Laundering 2 days ago
- Simmons Foods to Close Northeast Oklahoma Poultry Plant 4 hours ago
- Sweet: ‘A Pure Arkansas-Flavored Investment' for Arkansas Teachers Retirement System 3 days ago