Steven SchulteWhen Steven Schulte graduated from the University of Arkansas in 1984 with an industrial engineering degree, he pondered the idea of going to law school.
He spend a couple of years as an engineer with Skil Corp. in Batesville, but in 1987 Schulte decided to get into his family's business, Prostaff Personnel of Little Rock, a company his father founded in 1973.
Today, at age 33, Schulte is the president of the $30 million company.
In 1990, he completed a master's in business administration at the University of Central Arkansas, a degree he finished as much for enrichment as anything, he says.
"I always liked the business side of [engineering]," he says. "Industrial engineering is similar to business in a lot of ways."
Schulte and his wife, Bonna, have been married seven years. The couple has two sons: James, age 5, and Johnathan, age 2.
He is the eternal optimist, Schulte says of himself.
"I always look for the positive," he says. "I guess that can get you in trouble, but it makes you enjoy life more."
- UA Graduate's Design for WWI Memorial Wins Competition
- Here Are the Arkansas Stores Wal-Mart Is Closing
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson Rings NYSE Opening Bell, Appears on CNBC, Fox Business
- Little Rock Law Firm Loses Money in Forgery Scam 3 days ago
- No Time Like The Present (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 3 days ago
- Opposition Led by Tom Cotton Takes Aim at Criminal Justice Overhaul 20 hours ago
- Developers Plan Staybridge Suites for Midtown Little Rock 1 day ago
- PAM Transport Reports Record Quarterly, Yearly Earnings 2 days ago