Tim Hutchinson for Senate
Bill VickeryBill Vickery grew up in a family with both parents in public service; his father was the sheriff of Crawford County.
So when the younger Vickery went to Hendrix College in Conway, he went for a political science degree. He began volunteering with some campaigns and three years ago emerged as a political player when a statewide ballot initiative threatened to change to the state's workers' compensation laws.
During the 1995 state legislative session, he was as a lobbyist.
Last fall and into January, his role as spokesman for Arkansans Against Unfair Tax Hikes during the Tucker highway bond issue special election proved to be pivotal for his career. From there, he helped out in the Lu Hardin camp, and was recently recruited to head up the Tim Hutchinson for Senate campaign.
"Humility is always right around the corner," the 29-year old Vickery says. "You're always just one race or one issue from having to be humble."
Vickery's wife, Jennifer, is the media director for the state Employment Security Department, so the couple frequently talks about politics at home.
- Watch Video of the Arkansas Marijuana Commission Meeting Here
- Reuters: Acxiom Near Deal to Sell Marketing Solutions Unit for $2.2B
- Here's What Arkansas' Redesigned Driver's Licenses Look Like
- Arkansas Law Firms Awarded $6.5M in Fees from State Farm Suit 1 week ago
- Former SAYS Director Jerry Walsh Pleads Guilty to Scheme with Rusty Cranford 3 days ago
- Many KATV Arrivals, and One Departure 3 months ago
- Land For $13M Lisa Academy Expansion Sold For $1.2M 3 days ago
- Car-Mart's Henderson Gets $1.1M Retirement Bonus 4 days ago