Tim Hutchinson for Senate
Bill VickeryBill Vickery grew up in a family with both parents in public service; his father was the sheriff of Crawford County.
So when the younger Vickery went to Hendrix College in Conway, he went for a political science degree. He began volunteering with some campaigns and three years ago emerged as a political player when a statewide ballot initiative threatened to change to the state's workers' compensation laws.
During the 1995 state legislative session, he was as a lobbyist.
Last fall and into January, his role as spokesman for Arkansans Against Unfair Tax Hikes during the Tucker highway bond issue special election proved to be pivotal for his career. From there, he helped out in the Lu Hardin camp, and was recently recruited to head up the Tim Hutchinson for Senate campaign.
"Humility is always right around the corner," the 29-year old Vickery says. "You're always just one race or one issue from having to be humble."
Vickery's wife, Jennifer, is the media director for the state Employment Security Department, so the couple frequently talks about politics at home.
- Update: John Tyson, 4 Others Urge UA Board to Slow Down Stadium Expansion
- Video: Watch Wal-Mart's 2016 Shareholders' Meeting Right Here
- Alice Walton Drops Rocking W Ranch Price to $16.5M
- At Latest Summit, Wal-Mart Seeks More American-Made Goods 3 days ago
- Visa Countersues Wal-Mart in Dispute Over Debit Cards 1 day ago
- Federal Reserve Approves 2 Bank of the Ozarks Acquisitions 2 days ago
- Stephen Curry and Nike's PowerPoint Blunder (Jim Karrh On Marketing) 4 days ago
- Gene Whisenhunt Named President, CEO of Hickingbotham Investments 22 hours ago