Tim Hutchinson for Senate
Bill VickeryBill Vickery grew up in a family with both parents in public service; his father was the sheriff of Crawford County.
So when the younger Vickery went to Hendrix College in Conway, he went for a political science degree. He began volunteering with some campaigns and three years ago emerged as a political player when a statewide ballot initiative threatened to change to the state's workers' compensation laws.
During the 1995 state legislative session, he was as a lobbyist.
Last fall and into January, his role as spokesman for Arkansans Against Unfair Tax Hikes during the Tucker highway bond issue special election proved to be pivotal for his career. From there, he helped out in the Lu Hardin camp, and was recently recruited to head up the Tim Hutchinson for Senate campaign.
"Humility is always right around the corner," the 29-year old Vickery says. "You're always just one race or one issue from having to be humble."
Vickery's wife, Jennifer, is the media director for the state Employment Security Department, so the couple frequently talks about politics at home.
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Jerry Barakat Opening Japanese Restaurant in Hillcrest
- Waltons Check in at No. 1 on Forbes 'Richest American Families' List
- The Home of Outrageous Service (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 3 days ago
- Mike Beebe Appoints 43 to State Boards, Commissions 1 day ago
- Arkansas Venture Center Names Operations Team 9 hours ago
- With Rollin' Smoke, Arkansas Natives Rock BBQ World in Las Vegas 2 days ago
- NLR Sports Memorabilia Dealer John Rogers Sued for Missed Payment 3 days ago