Tim Hutchinson for Senate
Bill VickeryBill Vickery grew up in a family with both parents in public service; his father was the sheriff of Crawford County.
So when the younger Vickery went to Hendrix College in Conway, he went for a political science degree. He began volunteering with some campaigns and three years ago emerged as a political player when a statewide ballot initiative threatened to change to the state's workers' compensation laws.
During the 1995 state legislative session, he was as a lobbyist.
Last fall and into January, his role as spokesman for Arkansans Against Unfair Tax Hikes during the Tucker highway bond issue special election proved to be pivotal for his career. From there, he helped out in the Lu Hardin camp, and was recently recruited to head up the Tim Hutchinson for Senate campaign.
"Humility is always right around the corner," the 29-year old Vickery says. "You're always just one race or one issue from having to be humble."
Vickery's wife, Jennifer, is the media director for the state Employment Security Department, so the couple frequently talks about politics at home.
- Report: Wal-Mart CFO Claims 'Very Good Sales' Lately
- Report: Queen Wilhelmina Delays Cost $11.5M
- Watch The '60 Minutes' Report on Data Brokers Here
- J.B. Hunt CEO John Roberts Paid $4M in 2013 22 hours ago
- $16M Renovation Planned For Downtown Little Rock Marriott 23 hours ago
- Dennis Smiley Leaves CEO Post at Arvest Bank of Benton County 19 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Underground Tunnels Challenge Hot Springs Engineers from Past to Present 1 month ago