Tim Hutchinson for Senate
Bill VickeryBill Vickery grew up in a family with both parents in public service; his father was the sheriff of Crawford County.
So when the younger Vickery went to Hendrix College in Conway, he went for a political science degree. He began volunteering with some campaigns and three years ago emerged as a political player when a statewide ballot initiative threatened to change to the state's workers' compensation laws.
During the 1995 state legislative session, he was as a lobbyist.
Last fall and into January, his role as spokesman for Arkansans Against Unfair Tax Hikes during the Tucker highway bond issue special election proved to be pivotal for his career. From there, he helped out in the Lu Hardin camp, and was recently recruited to head up the Tim Hutchinson for Senate campaign.
"Humility is always right around the corner," the 29-year old Vickery says. "You're always just one race or one issue from having to be humble."
Vickery's wife, Jennifer, is the media director for the state Employment Security Department, so the couple frequently talks about politics at home.
- Soirée: Potbelly Sandwich Shop Coming to Little Rock
- Heartbleed? No Need for Heart Attack, We've Got Help, Advice
- CMS Database Shows Medicare Payments to Doctors, Others in 2012
- Three More Banks File Claims Against Dennis Smiley Collateral 1 day ago
- Taziki's Breaks Ground at McCain Mall in North Little Rock 4 hours ago
- Wal-Mart CEO Doug McMillon Gets $25.6M Pay Package 21 hours ago
- Arkansas Doctors Discover the Joys Of Concierge Care 4 days ago
- Soirée: Potbelly Sandwich Shop Coming to Little Rock 1 day ago