President and CEO
Springdale Chamber of Commerce
Perry WebbPerry Webb says he didn't intend to enter the chamber of commerce business, but about 10 years ago a job came open in Walnut Ridge, his hometown.
"It's a great occupation," he says. "Literally, you don't work on the same thing two days in a row."
He spent four years in Forrest City helping recruit industry and fight an unemployment rate that stood at 27 percent in 1990; it's 13 percent today.
Since arriving in Springdale in October 1994, the 39-year-old Webb has boosted the chamber staff to nine as the city becomes a tourist destination with its new convention center. The chamber's budget has grown 40 percent in two years, and renovations of a new office should be done in about 90 days.
Webb was named the Williams Baptist College's 1996 Alumnus of the Year. He also attended Arkansas State University.
Webb will be president of the Arkansas Chamber of Commerce Executives in 1997, and he's a director of the Industrial Developers of Arkansas. When he's in need of speech material, he just pulls out some funny stories from his "hobby," refereeing NCAA basketball on weekends.
- After Baltz Firing, CARTI Issues Statement
- Update: Asa Hutchinson, Others React to DOJ Policy Change on Marijuana
- Alice Walton Sells Her 1,400-Acre Texas Ranch
- Baltz Fired, Standridge Laid Off at CARTI 1 day ago
- After Baltz Firing, CARTI Issues Statement 16 hours ago
- Foreclosure Sale Falls Through in Walter Quinn Case 1 day ago
- Dollar General On March In Arkansas 1 day ago
- UAMS Professor Receives $11.3M Grant 17 hours ago