President and CEO
Springdale Chamber of Commerce
Perry WebbPerry Webb says he didn't intend to enter the chamber of commerce business, but about 10 years ago a job came open in Walnut Ridge, his hometown.
"It's a great occupation," he says. "Literally, you don't work on the same thing two days in a row."
He spent four years in Forrest City helping recruit industry and fight an unemployment rate that stood at 27 percent in 1990; it's 13 percent today.
Since arriving in Springdale in October 1994, the 39-year-old Webb has boosted the chamber staff to nine as the city becomes a tourist destination with its new convention center. The chamber's budget has grown 40 percent in two years, and renovations of a new office should be done in about 90 days.
Webb was named the Williams Baptist College's 1996 Alumnus of the Year. He also attended Arkansas State University.
Webb will be president of the Arkansas Chamber of Commerce Executives in 1997, and he's a director of the Industrial Developers of Arkansas. When he's in need of speech material, he just pulls out some funny stories from his "hobby," refereeing NCAA basketball on weekends.
- At Conference, Tyson Foods Touts Stable Earnings, Sales Growth
- Caterpillar to Lay Off 60 in North Little Rock
- Video: Doug McMillon on Why Wal-Mart Chose Jet.com
- ESP Confirms Jefferson County Site For $3B Project, Citing Easement Success 2 days ago
- Business Opponents Say Legalizing Medical Marijuana Unsafe, Would Drive Away Jobs 1 day ago
- Little Rock TEDx Event to Focus on 'New Beginnings' 10 hours ago
- Brenda Montgomery Gets 57 Months in Prison for Lawrence County Bank Theft 4 hours ago
- Federal Judge Blocks Arkansas Planned Parenthood Defunding 4 hours ago