General Counsel/Chief Legal Officer
Gordon AllisonHe gives credit to his family and his faith, but it is his professional experience that makes 37-year-old Gordon Allison stand out as an example of success.
After graduating from Hendrix College in Conway, the Pine Bluff native worked for Arthur Andersen as a certified public accountant before returning to school to earn both a law degree and an M.B.A. from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville.
He discovered his love of financial law and went to Georgetown University, where he earned master of law degrees in both securities regulation and taxation. After graduation, Allison spent four years working for the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's Division of Corporation Finance. During that time, he was also a lecturer at the CPA School of Washington.
When he returned to Arkansas, Allison became a partner in the Little Rock law firm Giroir & Gregory before moving to northwest Arkansas to serve as general counsel for Pace Industries Inc. From Pace, Allison moved to StaffMark Inc., where he took a position that requires drawing from all of his previous experiences.
"If I had been a trial lawyer all of these years, would they have called me to be general counsel for StaffMark? I don't think so," Allison says. "People are given God-given abilities of intellect, but generally the people that succeed are those that outwork everybody else."
- Update: John Tyson, 4 Others Urge UA Board to Slow Down Stadium Expansion
- Video: Watch Wal-Mart's 2016 Shareholders' Meeting Right Here
- Alice Walton Drops Rocking W Ranch Price to $16.5M
- At Latest Summit, Wal-Mart Seeks More American-Made Goods 3 days ago
- Visa Countersues Wal-Mart in Dispute Over Debit Cards 19 hours ago
- Federal Reserve Approves 2 Bank of the Ozarks Acquisitions 2 days ago
- Stephen Curry and Nike's PowerPoint Blunder (Jim Karrh On Marketing) 4 days ago
- Gene Whisenhunt Named President, CEO of Hickingbotham Investments 16 hours ago