General Counsel/Chief Legal Officer
Gordon AllisonHe gives credit to his family and his faith, but it is his professional experience that makes 37-year-old Gordon Allison stand out as an example of success.
After graduating from Hendrix College in Conway, the Pine Bluff native worked for Arthur Andersen as a certified public accountant before returning to school to earn both a law degree and an M.B.A. from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville.
He discovered his love of financial law and went to Georgetown University, where he earned master of law degrees in both securities regulation and taxation. After graduation, Allison spent four years working for the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's Division of Corporation Finance. During that time, he was also a lecturer at the CPA School of Washington.
When he returned to Arkansas, Allison became a partner in the Little Rock law firm Giroir & Gregory before moving to northwest Arkansas to serve as general counsel for Pace Industries Inc. From Pace, Allison moved to StaffMark Inc., where he took a position that requires drawing from all of his previous experiences.
"If I had been a trial lawyer all of these years, would they have called me to be general counsel for StaffMark? I don't think so," Allison says. "People are given God-given abilities of intellect, but generally the people that succeed are those that outwork everybody else."
- Reports: Wal-Mart Nabs Another Shopping App: Luvocracy
- FCC Approves Sinclair's $1B Deal to Buy Allbritton TV Stations, Including KATV
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Windstream to Spin Off Some Assets into Publicly Traded REIT 5 hours ago
- Arkansas Business Presents the 2014 Power List 1 day ago
- Whataburger On Way to Fayetteville (NWA Real Deals) 1 day ago
- Crystal Bridges Names New Curators 22 hours ago
- One Bank Turns Attention to Scooter Stuart Life Insurance Payouts 1 day ago