Caption goes here aderit omnia filia omnes famuli curvus in lucem. Regis ei sed quod ait est se in deinde cepit roseo commendavit patris super color est cum. (Photo by Mike Ortega)
William Benton Jr.
Planters National Bank
William Benton Jr.Banking was a no-brainer career choice for William Benton Jr. after graduating in 1983 from Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tenn. His family had controlled Planters National Bank in Hughes (St. Francis County) since 1961.
Armed with his bachelor's degree in business administration, Benton started as a teller and worked in various positions throughout the $23 million asset bank. He became president of Planters National in 1988.
Benton expanded his banking interests in 1996 by investing as a minority stockholder in a Little Rock start-up operation, Pinnacle Bank. That same year, he joined the board of directors at Computer Sentry Software Inc., a computer security firm based in Franklin, Tenn.
His real estate investments include H&M Insurance and Real Estate Inc., which he purchased in 1989, and 5,000 acres split between timber and row crop in east Arkansas.
In 1994, Benton purchased Greenbriar Hunting Club, a 2,000-acre waterfowl and deer hunting spread in Prairie County. A 500-acre waterfowl spread in southern Ontario was added in 1997.
Benton has served on the board of the Arkansas Game & Fish Foundation and on the national finance committee for Ducks Unlimited Inc. since 1996. He became assistant treasurer of DU in 1997.
"I've always been a risk-taker, and I believe in diversity, as you can see by my business interests," the 37-year-old executive says.
- It's Been a Busy 4 Days at the State Insurance Commission
- TV News People: Don't Mess with Drew Carey on Twitter
- FedEx Schedules Groundbreaking for Southwest Little Rock Site
- Three Tech Firms Moving to Downtown Conway, Plan to Hire 140 10 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Cuts About 50 Positions at Bentonville Headquarters 14 hours ago
- State Board Votes to Take Over Little Rock School District 13 hours ago
- Senate Votes to Continue 'Private Option,' Form Task Force 10 hours ago
- Arvest Mortgage CEO Bill Roehrenbeck Joins PNC Bank of Delaware 4 days ago