S. Mark Brockinton
Aon Risk Services Inc. of Arkansas
S. Mark BrockintonIn 1987, five years after Mark Brockinton began his insurance career, he decided it was time to start his own business.
"We just bootlegged it up, mortgaged everything we had and started a little practice - myself and four girls," says Brockinton, a 38-year-old native of North Little Rock.
Immediately he was more than $125,000 in debt.
"In 1987, we had our first child on the way and we had every dime to our name tied up with the bank," he says. "If it makes it, great, and if it doesn't, we're back in Levy starting over."
The business, S. Mark Brockinton & Associates Inc., focused on property and casualty insurance for the transportation industry.
Brockinton & Associates grew from $2 million in business to about $50 million in 1996, he says.
"The bottom line is that we were just very blessed," Brockinton says. "We had a bunch of young people who wanted to work hard."
In 1996, he merged the firm with Aon, one of the largest insurance brokerage and consulting companies in the world. From the beginning, Brockinton was commissioned by the chairman of Aon, Patrick Ryan, with the task of building a national transportation practice for Aon.
As national managing director of Aon's motor carriers practice, Brockinton coordinates that division for every Aon office in the country.
- Mike Beebe Joins Roberts Law Firm of Little Rock
- Nine Billionaires with Arkansas Ties Make Forbes 500 List
- Report: Maumelle Police Close Murder-Suicide Case Involving UALR Professor
- McLarty Automotive Group Buys Missouri Dealership From Frank Fletcher 2 days ago
- Vestcom International to Move Headquarters to One Cantrell Building 3 days ago
- Arkansas Revenue Remains Ahead of Forecast for Year 3 days ago
- Grand Jury Indicts 4 Tied to One Bank Loans to Alberto Solaroli 2 days ago
- Beer Tourism Contributing to Growth in Industry 4 days ago