Commercial Loan Officer
Mercantile Bank of Arkansas
North Little Rock
Teresa BurlTeresa Burl started her banking career as a part-time teller while attending college. Today, she is a commercial loan officer at North Little Rock's Mercantile Bank of Arkansas, specializing in loans to companies with $5 million or less.
Burl has worked for 10 years at the bank and its predecessor, Twin City Bank. She entered the management training program in 1993 and has worked as a loan officer for two years.
Burl graduated from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock with a bachelor's degree in political science in 1990. The North Little Rock native also attended the UALR School of Law.
Her most memorable professional achievement was being named employee of the year for community service in 1994.
She serves on the board of directors for the American Cancer Society Twin Cities, Sherman Park Community Development Corp. and Altrusa International Inc., a women's service organization. Burl is a member of the Optimist Club of Lakewood and a former board member of Arkansas Able.
The 29-year-old banker is completing her second term as president of the North Little Rock Board of Education. In 1997, she was elected secretary-treasurer of the Arkansas School Boards Association Board of Directors.
"The root meaning of the word succeed is 'to follow through,'" Burl says. "That's my philosophy."
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Jerry Barakat Opening Japanese Restaurant in Hillcrest
- Waltons Check in at No. 1 on Forbes 'Richest American Families' List
- Mo Money, Uber Problems (Robert Coon On Politics) 17 hours ago
- NLR Sports Memorabilia Dealer John Rogers Sued for Missed Payment 3 days ago
- Josh Moody's Overwatch App Ready to Hit Market 14 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Four Join List of 75 Largest Private Companies in Arkansas 2 months ago