Commercial Loan Officer
Mercantile Bank of Arkansas
North Little Rock
Teresa BurlTeresa Burl started her banking career as a part-time teller while attending college. Today, she is a commercial loan officer at North Little Rock's Mercantile Bank of Arkansas, specializing in loans to companies with $5 million or less.
Burl has worked for 10 years at the bank and its predecessor, Twin City Bank. She entered the management training program in 1993 and has worked as a loan officer for two years.
Burl graduated from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock with a bachelor's degree in political science in 1990. The North Little Rock native also attended the UALR School of Law.
Her most memorable professional achievement was being named employee of the year for community service in 1994.
She serves on the board of directors for the American Cancer Society Twin Cities, Sherman Park Community Development Corp. and Altrusa International Inc., a women's service organization. Burl is a member of the Optimist Club of Lakewood and a former board member of Arkansas Able.
The 29-year-old banker is completing her second term as president of the North Little Rock Board of Education. In 1997, she was elected secretary-treasurer of the Arkansas School Boards Association Board of Directors.
"The root meaning of the word succeed is 'to follow through,'" Burl says. "That's my philosophy."
- Update: Asa Hutchinson, Others React to DOJ Policy Change on Marijuana
- Alice Walton Sells Her 1,400-Acre Texas Ranch
- Gary Heathcott Responds to Arkansas Business Cover Story
- Lawsuits Challenge Fairy Tale Founding of Lauren James 2 days ago
- Former UA Star, NFL Player Joins Sage Partners 1 day ago
- Shutdown End in Sight as Senators Announce Agreement 1 day ago
- Small-Town Budgets Hurting From Loss of Mini Walmarts 1 day ago
- Clean Line Shelves Arkansas Plans; Delegation Steps Up Attack 4 hours ago