Senior Vice President
Morgan Keegan & Co.
Jay GadberryGrowing up, Jay Gadberry always wanted to be involved in buying and selling companies. He does it now on a daily basis with Morgan Keegan & Co. - buying and selling stocks.
And he does it well. In 1992, Gadberry finished second in a national competition that tracked the personal portfolios of stockbrokers throughout the country. Gadberry invested in Southern-based stocks, including five Arkansas companies.
He learned about some of those Arkansas companies in his first job out of college. After graduating from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville, Gadberry worked for a predecessor to Ernst & Young with several state firms as clients.
He moved to T.J. Raney & Sons Inc. in 1987. The Little Rock firm was bought out by Morgan Keegan in 1989.
Gadberry is a member of the chairman's club at Morgan Keegan, the top honor for brokers at the company.
In addition to his successful career at Morgan Keegan, Gadberry is involved in many civic- and church-related boards and committees.
"I think it's important to give back to the community," the 36-year-old Gadberry says.
He is on the board of the University of Arkansas Medical Sciences Foundation, which recently completed a $65 million fund-raising campaign. He is a lifetime member of Arkansas Children's Hospital's Committee for the Future. Since 1996, he's been a member of the University of Arkansas' Student Services Advancement Advisory Board.
- Hutchinson: Arkansas 'Ready to Go' on ACA Repeal But Concerned About Trade Tax
- Live Video: Watch Gov. Asa Hutchinson's Speech to the Legislature
- On MSNBC, Fox Business, Cotton and Hutchinson Talk Health Care Reform
- New UCA President Houston Davis Talks Priorities, Plans 9 hours ago
- Machen Succeeds McFatridge as CEO of Bear State Financial 2 days ago
- Price-Fixing Lawsuit Triggers More Litigation Against Tyson 5 days ago
- Trump, Sworn in as President, Promises to Put 'America First' 8 hours ago
- Hutchinson: Arkansas 'Ready to Go' on ACA Repeal But Concerned About Trade Tax 11 hours ago