Caption goes here aderit omnia filia omnes famuli curvus in lucem. Regis ei sed quod ait est se in deinde cepit roseo commendavit patris super color est cum. (Photo by Mike Ortega)
Senior Vice President
Morgan Keegan & Co.
Jay GadberryGrowing up, Jay Gadberry always wanted to be involved in buying and selling companies. He does it now on a daily basis with Morgan Keegan & Co. - buying and selling stocks.
And he does it well. In 1992, Gadberry finished second in a national competition that tracked the personal portfolios of stockbrokers throughout the country. Gadberry invested in Southern-based stocks, including five Arkansas companies.
He learned about some of those Arkansas companies in his first job out of college. After graduating from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville, Gadberry worked for a predecessor to Ernst & Young with several state firms as clients.
He moved to T.J. Raney & Sons Inc. in 1987. The Little Rock firm was bought out by Morgan Keegan in 1989.
Gadberry is a member of the chairman's club at Morgan Keegan, the top honor for brokers at the company.
In addition to his successful career at Morgan Keegan, Gadberry is involved in many civic- and church-related boards and committees.
"I think it's important to give back to the community," the 36-year-old Gadberry says.
He is on the board of the University of Arkansas Medical Sciences Foundation, which recently completed a $65 million fund-raising campaign. He is a lifetime member of Arkansas Children's Hospital's Committee for the Future. Since 1996, he's been a member of the University of Arkansas' Student Services Advancement Advisory Board.
- It's Been a Busy 4 Days at the State Insurance Commission
- TV News People: Don't Mess with Drew Carey on Twitter
- FedEx Schedules Groundbreaking for Southwest Little Rock Site
- Asa Hutchinson Makes Board, Commission Appointments 1 day ago
- Brett Powell Named Director of the State Department of Higher Education 1 day ago
- Arvest Mortgage CEO Bill Roehrenbeck Joins PNC Bank of Delaware 6 days ago
- State Board Votes to Take Over Little Rock School District 3 days ago
- How A Trans-Atlantic Investment Scam Ensnared Credit Union President Joyce Judy 6 days ago