Plant Operations Manager
Gerber Products Co.
Baxter GladdenBaxter Gladden is the youngest plant operations manager for Gerber Products Co. in the history of the company's Fort Smith facility.
The 32-year-old says his greatest accomplishment is reaching the top of plant management in such a short period of time.
"I'm pretty proud of that," Gladden says. "People have been very receptive to working for a younger person."
Gladden was named plant operations manager of the facility in May. In that capacity, Gladden is responsible for every aspect of the Gerber facility's operations - from engineering to shipping, he's in charge.
Before working as plant operations manager, he was manufacturing manager. He has been with Gerber, the Fremont, Mich.-based maker of baby foods, since 1987.
He started work as a produce field representative after earning a degree in agricultural business from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville. Gladden started his career in Fort Smith but was relocated for several years to a Gerber facility in North Carolina. He returned to Fort Smith in 1997.
"I was very happy to get back home to Arkansas," the Pine Bluff native says.
He says he believes that the people who work on the floor of the manufacturing facility are the greatest asset his company has.
"The day and age of managers sitting in offices and determining how things are going to be done on the floor of the plant are over," Gladden says. "To do that is pretty arrogant. You have to get away from that and solicit input from the people on the floor. They have a lot of the answers."
- Hutchinson: Arkansas 'Ready to Go' on ACA Repeal But Concerned About Trade Tax
- Live Video: Watch Gov. Asa Hutchinson's Speech to the Legislature
- On MSNBC, Fox Business, Cotton and Hutchinson Talk Health Care Reform
- Arkansas Diagnostic Center Attracts $4.4M Sale (Real Deals) 9 hours ago
- As Arkansas Lottery's Luster Fades, Numbers Signal Challenges 9 hours ago
- Boutique Hotel May Open Near Promenade at Chenal 9 hours ago
- Regions Center Consultant Says 'Improper Actions' from Wells Fargo Led to Bankruptcy 9 hours ago
- Financial Trouble Among Competing Convention Centers Split in Texarkana 9 hours ago