H. Lawson Hembree IV
Sugar Hill Farms Inc.
H. Lawson Hembree IVIf H. Lawson Hembree IV ever doubted the value of a college education, those doubts were dispelled by the time he spent as a 12-year-old building fences at the family ranch.
Today, Hembree is a partner in Sugar Hill Partners of Roseville and president of Sugar Hill Farms, a fully integrated agricultural business in Franklin and Logan counties that includes the ranch of his childhood. The farms raise Angus cattle and pigs, along with row crops like black-eyed peas, corn and soybeans. The business has been in the Hembree family since the 1860s.
Hembree, 39, graduated from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville with an animal science degree in 1982 and later earned an M.B.A. at Southern Methodist University, propelling him into a 15-year career in corporate finance and banking. Recently, he came back to the family business full time.
"I really think my role in our business is to set the goals, empower the people that are working for us, give them the resources necessary to reach the goal and coach them in achieving that goal," he says.
Away from work, Hembree is president of the University of Arkansas Alumni Association; vice chairman of an advisory board at St. Edwards Mercy Medical Center; vice chairman of the Fort Smith Chamber of Commerce's governmental relations committee; and a member of the president's council at Subiaco Academy. He is also involved with scouting.
- Mike Beebe Joins Roberts Law Firm of Little Rock
- Nine Billionaires with Arkansas Ties Make Forbes 500 List
- Report: Maumelle Police Close Murder-Suicide Case Involving UALR Professor
- Grand Jury Indicts 4 Tied to One Bank Loans to Alberto Solaroli 1 day ago
- McLarty Automotive Group Buys Missouri Dealership From Frank Fletcher 1 day ago
- Nine Billionaires with Arkansas Ties Make Forbes 500 List 4 days ago
- CJRW Appoints Four to New Roles 12 hours ago
- Salmon Cos. No. 3 On List of Top USPS Contractors 13 hours ago