Democratic Party of Arkansas
Glen HooksGlen Hooks is a Hendrix College graduate in political science and a lifelong member of the Democratic Party of Arkansas. He has paid his dues to the party and was selected earlier this summer to work as the executive director of the party.
"One of the most significant accomplishments for me has been to increase the involvement of young people in the party," he says. "We want to continue to dramatically increase the young people in the party."
The 29-year-old Hooks was president of the state's Young Democrats for the past two years. He resigned his position recently to take over as the executive director.
"I just wanted to make sure I didn't take on too much responsibility," he says.
Hooks knows how he got his new job: "I applied for it, and I lobbied."
He says his youthfulness and the youthfulness of the other staff members was what the party's hiring committee was looking for.
Before working as a Democratic Party staff member, Hooks was an assistant attorney general for Winston Bryant. He worked in the civil division, representing 21 state agencies.
Hooks says he knows he's come a long way during the past few years. He started as a campaign staffer for John Pagan, who ran for state Senate in Little Rock, and also worked for Nate Coulter's failed bid for lieutenant governor in 1993.
"I remember where I came from," he says. "I've done a lot of things and gotten far, but I remember where I came from."
- Judge Puts Brakes on Parks Lawsuit Against Tyson
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Jobs at Sun Paper, Mercy Northwest, GW Communication & Sprint
- Dave & Buster's to Open in June at Grove at Gateway Town Center
- Northwest Arkansas' Most Expensive Home Sales of 2015 2 days ago
- Pulaski County's Most Expensive Home Sales of 2015 2 days ago
- Iron Yard Closing Little Rock Campus 8 hours ago
- Trial Set for June 1 for Former One Bank Execs 2 days ago
- Arkansas Coding Academy Aims to Provide Affordable Tech Education 9 hours ago