Democratic Party of Arkansas
Glen HooksGlen Hooks is a Hendrix College graduate in political science and a lifelong member of the Democratic Party of Arkansas. He has paid his dues to the party and was selected earlier this summer to work as the executive director of the party.
"One of the most significant accomplishments for me has been to increase the involvement of young people in the party," he says. "We want to continue to dramatically increase the young people in the party."
The 29-year-old Hooks was president of the state's Young Democrats for the past two years. He resigned his position recently to take over as the executive director.
"I just wanted to make sure I didn't take on too much responsibility," he says.
Hooks knows how he got his new job: "I applied for it, and I lobbied."
He says his youthfulness and the youthfulness of the other staff members was what the party's hiring committee was looking for.
Before working as a Democratic Party staff member, Hooks was an assistant attorney general for Winston Bryant. He worked in the civil division, representing 21 state agencies.
Hooks says he knows he's come a long way during the past few years. He started as a campaign staffer for John Pagan, who ran for state Senate in Little Rock, and also worked for Nate Coulter's failed bid for lieutenant governor in 1993.
"I remember where I came from," he says. "I've done a lot of things and gotten far, but I remember where I came from."
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Jerry Barakat Opening Japanese Restaurant in Hillcrest
- Waltons Check in at No. 1 on Forbes 'Richest American Families' List
- Bill Simon Stepping Down As Leader of Wal-Mart's U.S. Stores 10 hours ago
- NLR Sports Memorabilia Dealer John Rogers Sued for Missed Payment 4 days ago
- Josh Moody's Overwatch App Ready to Hit Market 1 day ago
- Mo Money, Uber Problems (Robert Coon On Politics) 1 day ago
- One Bank Sells Former Scooter Stuart House 4 days ago