Vice President/General Manager
Phillip JoinerThe $48 million St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center project in Hot Springs tops the list of résumé memories for Phillip Joiner. His construction career began with a three-year stint with Little Rock's Kinco Inc.
He then joined Nabholz Construction Corp. in 1989 as a project engineer on the St. Joseph's development, the largest commercial project in Arkansas at the time.
Joiner began working for the Conark Builders division of the company in 1993 as an estimator/project manager. In 1995, he was named vice president and general manager of Conark Builders in Little Rock.
The American Institute of Constructors named Joiner Arkansas Constructor of the Year in 1992 and 1998. At the time of his 1992 selection, he was the youngest professional constructor in the state. The AIC selected him as the National Constructor of the Year in 1993.
Joiner, a 35-year-old Little Rock native, enlisted in the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve three days after graduating from high school in Birmingham, Ala., and was honorably discharged as a sergeant in 1986.
He graduated from Auburn University with a bachelor's degree in building construction. In 1996, Joiner earned a master's degree in business administration from Webster University in Little Rock.
His civic and volunteer work includes the Rotary Club of Little Rock's Club 99, advisory board of the construction management department at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock, and Habitat for Humanity.
- Report: David Tovar Resigned From Wal-Mart Over Resume Falsehood
- Mobile-Payment Battle Brews Between Apple, Wal-Mart
- WSJ Looks at Crystal Bridges' 'State of the Art' Exhibit
- Technological Innovations Bring Profitable Changes to the Fayetteville Shale 3 days ago
- Mark Pryor, John Boozman Introduce Bill to Help Farmers Affected by Turner Grain 23 hours ago
- Report: David Tovar Resigned From Wal-Mart Over Resume Falsehood 1 day ago
- Freight Brokerage Company to Open Lowell Facility 21 hours ago
- Beaudet Aviation to Land at Little Rock, Create 75 Jobs 1 hour ago