Sissy's Log Cabin
Bill JonesFrom its origins as a small Pine Bluff antique store, Bill Jones has led the move to building Sissy's Log Cabin into one of the finest jewelry stores anywhere.
The 34-year-old lives by the motto of "Yes, I can. What's the question?" Attitude is everything in sales, he says, and it is contagious.
Yes, it's a family business started by his mother, Sissy Jones. His father, Murphy Jones, handles the financial end and provides direction, and his sister, Ginger Motes, heads up advertising.
But it was Bill who turned it all around when he began working for his mother at the antique store while still in college pursuing a chemical engineering degree. He found he had a knack for design and an affection for selling. Abandoning engineering, he went to the Gemological Institute of America.
He has won state custom jewelry design contests for seven straight years and won the national design award in 1993 for a tourmanile and diamond interchangeable pendant.
Starting as the only jeweler, Jones did all the designing and then at night would build the pieces. There are now eight full-time jewelers, and the business has grown 13-fold under Jones' leadership.
"We can build the most elaborate jewelry in the world," Jones says of moving the firm to one that caters to the finest and most exclusive jewelry available - a move that has brought the store national attention
Jones serves on the boards of the Arts and Science Center for Southeast Arkansas and Fifty for the Future and is zone chairman of Ducks Unlimited. He is a past board member of the Arkansas Jewelers Association.
- SCA Pharmaceuticals to Build 90K-SF Plant in Connecticut
- Startup Airline Glo Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Reorganization
- Wal-Mart Sets Date for Annual Meeting
- 20 Cool Things To Do: A Guide to Activities, Attractions in Northwest Arkansas 6 months ago
- ABC Director Bud Roberts, Two Others Resign 3 days ago
- Simmons First Names Susan Lanigan New Board Member 3 days ago
- Aromatique Founder Patti Upton Dies At 79 4 days ago
- Plans to Open The Barn Mercantile in River Market Announced 3 days ago