Sissy's Log Cabin
Bill JonesFrom its origins as a small Pine Bluff antique store, Bill Jones has led the move to building Sissy's Log Cabin into one of the finest jewelry stores anywhere.
The 34-year-old lives by the motto of "Yes, I can. What's the question?" Attitude is everything in sales, he says, and it is contagious.
Yes, it's a family business started by his mother, Sissy Jones. His father, Murphy Jones, handles the financial end and provides direction, and his sister, Ginger Motes, heads up advertising.
But it was Bill who turned it all around when he began working for his mother at the antique store while still in college pursuing a chemical engineering degree. He found he had a knack for design and an affection for selling. Abandoning engineering, he went to the Gemological Institute of America.
He has won state custom jewelry design contests for seven straight years and won the national design award in 1993 for a tourmanile and diamond interchangeable pendant.
Starting as the only jeweler, Jones did all the designing and then at night would build the pieces. There are now eight full-time jewelers, and the business has grown 13-fold under Jones' leadership.
"We can build the most elaborate jewelry in the world," Jones says of moving the firm to one that caters to the finest and most exclusive jewelry available - a move that has brought the store national attention
Jones serves on the boards of the Arts and Science Center for Southeast Arkansas and Fifty for the Future and is zone chairman of Ducks Unlimited. He is a past board member of the Arkansas Jewelers Association.
- See the Trailer for 'Antiquities,' A Film Shot in Arkansas
- Video: Watch the Walmart Shareholders' Meeting Here
- The Hub Featured in PBS' 'NewsHour'
- Arkansas Court Clears Way For Medical Pot Program's Launch 2 days ago
- Johnny Allison, Rotary Leader of the Year, Never Dreamed of Being One 3 days ago
- Louisiana Regulators OK $4.5B Wind Catcher Project 2 days ago
- U.S. Supreme Court: States Can Force Online Shoppers To Pay Sales Tax 2 days ago
- Doggett NLR Purchase Closes at $12.8 Million (Real Deals) 5 days ago