D.P. Marshall Jr.
Barrett & Deacon
D.P. Marshall Jr.Usually clad in a bow tie, D.P. "Price" Marshall Jr. of Jonesboro is not difficult to pick out from a crowd of lawyers.
Marshall, who celebrated his 35th birthday last week, specializes in appellate practice, probate and commercial litigation at Barrett & Deacon, the Jonesboro law firm where he is now a partner.
This Jonesboro native and 1981 graduate of Nettleton High School went on to graduate from Arkansas State University in 1985 and later the London School of Economics and Political Science.
While at ASU, he served as student body president and was the recipient of the R.E. Lee Wilson Outstanding Graduate Award from the school.
In 1989 he received his juris doctorate from the Harvard University School of Law.
Marshall clerked for Eighth Circuit Chief Appellate Judge Richard S. Arnold for two years. He also chaired the Young Lawyers Section of the Arkansas Bar Association and serves on several bar committees.
Marshall is active in the community and has served on the board of the Northeast Arkansas Comprehensive Learning Center and also for the Eastern Arkansas Council of the Boy Scouts of America. He is also a United Way campaign volunteer.
- Update: Asa Hutchinson, Others React to DOJ Policy Change on Marijuana
- Alice Walton Sells Her 1,400-Acre Texas Ranch
- Gary Heathcott Responds to Arkansas Business Cover Story
- Ex-Arkansas Judge Joseph Boeckmann Faces Prison in Sexual Favors Case 14 hours ago
- Riggs Estate Gives $1.8M to Arkansas Symphony Orchestra 1 day ago
- Fake Will Case Leads to Exhumation, Inquiry Into Death 6 hours ago
- Bye-Bye Babe: A Controversial Contest Goes Nameless 4 hours ago
- Masseys Give UCA $1M for Scholarship Program 10 hours ago