Director of Economic Development
Mike MauldenA few days over 40, Mike Maulden has been with Entergy Corp. since 1984. He started his career with the company as an industrial engineer for AP&L Co. and after four years took a job there as an industrial account executive.
From there he became manager of industrial marketing for AP&L and later sales and marketing training manager for all of Entergy. Then he got into marketing for Entergy's large commercial and industrial customers.
In April 1996, he became Entergy Arkansas' director of economic development.
The economic development office Maulden heads operates under the moniker Entergy Teamwork Arkansas. It's the arm of Entergy that works directly with the Arkansas Economic Development Commission and local communities that have economic development professionals to bring new industry to the state.
"I've had some great jobs [with Entergy]," Maulden says, "but there is no doubt in my mind that this is the best of the best. I'm an Arkansan, and this job allows me to make a contribution to my company … but it also creates jobs for Arkansans.
"When there's a planned announcement in which you know you played a role, that is a wonderful, wonderful feeling."
Maulden has been appointed by the Little Rock Board of Directors to the Little Rock Port Authority.
"I play the "E.D." role there," he says. "There's a lot to that business, but a large part of it is recruiting industry to the port."
Maulden is also on the board of Arkansas Economic Developers, the professional association of business recruiters.
- SCA Pharmaceuticals to Build 90K-SF Plant in Connecticut
- Startup Airline Glo Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Reorganization
- Wal-Mart Sets Date for Annual Meeting
- 40 Under 40 Lunch 8 years ago
- Dealership Acquisitions Fuel McLarty Automotive Group 2 days ago
- Arkansas Women's Hall of Fame Inducts 10 for 2017 Class 2 days ago
- Stephens Inc. Launches Film Series On Heroes of Capitalism 2 days ago
- Update: Heartland, Onebanc End 1Q in the Red 2 days ago