Director of Economic Development
Mike MauldenA few days over 40, Mike Maulden has been with Entergy Corp. since 1984. He started his career with the company as an industrial engineer for AP&L Co. and after four years took a job there as an industrial account executive.
From there he became manager of industrial marketing for AP&L and later sales and marketing training manager for all of Entergy. Then he got into marketing for Entergy's large commercial and industrial customers.
In April 1996, he became Entergy Arkansas' director of economic development.
The economic development office Maulden heads operates under the moniker Entergy Teamwork Arkansas. It's the arm of Entergy that works directly with the Arkansas Economic Development Commission and local communities that have economic development professionals to bring new industry to the state.
"I've had some great jobs [with Entergy]," Maulden says, "but there is no doubt in my mind that this is the best of the best. I'm an Arkansan, and this job allows me to make a contribution to my company … but it also creates jobs for Arkansans.
"When there's a planned announcement in which you know you played a role, that is a wonderful, wonderful feeling."
Maulden has been appointed by the Little Rock Board of Directors to the Little Rock Port Authority.
"I play the "E.D." role there," he says. "There's a lot to that business, but a large part of it is recruiting industry to the port."
Maulden is also on the board of Arkansas Economic Developers, the professional association of business recruiters.
- Report: County Commission in Kansas Rescinds $500M Pledge for Tyson Foods Plant
- Little Rock Mayor Says City Will Vie for Amazon HQ
- Video: Bank of the Ozarks Marks 20 Years as a Public Company at Nasdaq
- Tedford and Son Leave Stephens Inc., Go In with Stephens Group 1 day ago
- Natural State Medical Group Holds Breath for Marijuana License 1 day ago
- Texarkana Doctor Strict on Medical Marijuana Prescriptions 14 hours ago
- Springdale Contractor Faces Foreclosure 1 day ago
- White House: $4,000 More for Families with Business Tax Cuts 14 hours ago