Mitchell Williams Selig Gates & Woodyard Law Firm
Lance MillerLance Miller heads up the commercial litigation, bankruptcy, debtor/creditor relations uniform commercial code litigation and real estate litigation practice group of the Mitchell Williams Selig Gates & Woodyard law firm in Little Rock.
At 38 years old he is the youngest practice group chairman at the firm.
He's worked at the Little Rock firm for about the past nine years, returning to the firm from a couple of years as a lawyer in his hometown of Jonesboro. The University of Arkansas at Little Rock School of Law graduate clerked for the Mitchell firm from 1982-85.
He is a member of the Arkansas Bar Association's House of Delegates and has been selected by the bar as the top speaker at Continuing Legal Education seminars for three of the last six years.
"I see my job as that of a problem-solver," Miller says. "I focus on the core issues and have to have frank discussions with my clients and advise them of the issues."
Miller volunteers his time as a baseball coach for the Little Rock Junior Deputy League, coaching his two sons' teams. He also is an avid hunter and fisherman, and he's a member of the Pinoak Hunter Retriever Club for dog training.
"I enjoy these activities," he says.
Miller says he believes the best way to live life is to focus on what you can change, accept what you can't and know the difference between the two.
"I try to live my life in this way," he says. "It works for me."
- Update: Asa Hutchinson, Others React to DOJ Policy Change on Marijuana
- Alice Walton Sells Her 1,400-Acre Texas Ranch
- Gary Heathcott Responds to Arkansas Business Cover Story
- After Fiscal Chaos, Arkansas Baptist Reverses 2016 Hire 18 hours ago
- Insurance Agent Josh Casada Accused of Taking $205,000 in Premiums 18 hours ago
- Lawsuit Against Fayetteville's Spa810 Picks Up Steam 18 hours ago
- Former U.S. Attorney Conner Eldridge Forms New Rogers Law Firm 18 hours ago
- Arkansas State Sues Miami Following Canceled Game 11 hours ago