Assistant to the Little Rock City Manager
City of Little Rock
Bruce MooreAt 31 years old, Bruce Moore says he's proud to know he is working to build Little Rock. Moore, with a master's degree in public administration, came to Little Rock to work as an assistant to the mayor, who at the time was elected by the board, unlike the popularly elected mayors of today.
In 1988, Moore became the assistant to the city manager, the position he currently holds.
He also works as the interim director of the department of housing and neighborhood programs for Little Rock.
But one of his most prestigious positions is as a staff representative to the planners of the Clinton Presidential Library.
"To see the area of east Little Rock grow and to see the people down there in the River Market enjoying themselves, and to know that the Clinton Library will be the catalyst for that area, that makes me proud.
"Probably the thing that I get the most gratification out of is being able to be involved in the day-to-day activities that will enhance the future of this city."
Moore, originally from El Dorado, says he learns something new from working with good people every day. He says his years working with Mayor Jim Dailey and the various city managers have helped contribute to the positive experiences he's had in public life.
"I enjoy being a part of public service," he says. "I enjoy being in the public sector. I find this to be a rewarding field."
Moore says he's a big believer in working hard, remaining professional and having integrity.
- Live Video: Watch Gov. Asa Hutchinson's Speech to the Legislature
- On MSNBC, Fox Business, Cotton and Hutchinson Talk Health Care Reform
- Here's the Wells Fargo Foreclosure Lawsuit on the Regions Bank Building
- Lawmakers Decline to Approve Lottery Ad Contract 15 hours ago
- Magna IV Founder Gary Middleton Dies 1 day ago
- Machen Succeeds McFatridge as CEO of Bear State Financial 11 hours ago
- No Contract, No Conflict: Logic of a Lottery Ad Bid 3 days ago
- Hickingbotham Investments Buys Landers Harley-Davidson 18 hours ago