Craig B. Savell
Arkansas Credit Union League
Craig B. SavellCraig Savell says he's living his motto, "Take charge and do what's right," by lobbying Congress to approve legislation affecting the Credit Union Membership Access Act.
The 37-year-old president and chief executive officer of the Arkansas Credit Union League was in Washington, D.C., last week employing his philosophy.
Savell came to Little Rock three years ago after serving as executive vice president of Resource One Federal Credit Union in Dallas, having previously worked at a credit union in Nashville, Tenn.
He has become successful by following his own advice to "work hard, work long and work fast." The same goes for down time. "I think that having balance in your life is really a good thing," Savell says.
He has proven this also in the community. Savell was instrumental in bringing "Credit Unions for Kids" to Arkansas, a program that raises thousands of dollars Arkansas Children's Hospital and two out-of-state facilities. He also helped get Arkansas credit unions involved in the national "Habitat for Humanity House that Congress Built" program. Savell serves on the Association of Credit Union League Executives and Arkansas State Committee on Cooperatives boards.
Also, Savell serves as a deacon at Pulaski Heights Baptist Church and is chairman of the stewardship committee there.
Savell enjoys working in his yard and doing construction projects "because you can do something and sit back and say, 'I did this.'"
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Jobs at Sun Paper, Mercy Northwest, GW Communication & Sprint
- Dave & Buster's to Open in June at Grove at Gateway Town Center
- Robinson Center Adding Outdoor Terrace, Begins Booking Events
- Sprint to Add Regional HQ in Little Rock, 100 Jobs by Year's End 2 days ago
- Little Rock Tech Park Board Endorses I-30 Plan 4 days ago
- Jacksonville Buildings to be Demolished Before $65M High School Construction 1 week ago
- MedExpress Double-Dose Buy Tops $4.4 Million (Real Deals) 7 days ago
- Wal-Mart's Greg Foran No. 1 In Exec Pay At $19.5M 5 months ago