Bell & Co.
North Little Rock
Nell SterlingNell Sterling lives by the Golden Rule, and doing so has won her many admirers.
"She is always so kind, considerate, knowledgeable and is very professional," Hurlan and Yvonne Muncy state in their "40 under 40" nomination letter for Sterling, a certified public accountant and partner with the Bell & Co. firm.
Sterling, remaining true to that description, always tries "to make sure everyone's taken care of," she says.
She had one year of college before working at First Federal Savings & Loan for four years. She then finished her education and joined Bell & Co. in 1986, making deliveries, taking out the trash and doing any other odd job necessary to get into the accounting firm.
"I've worked my way up over the last 10 years and I made partner a couple of years ago," she says.
Much of Sterling's community service is in the accounting business. She often does the financial books for individuals, businesses and organizations who need the knowledge and expertise but do not have the funds to pay for it.
Sterling has provided her accounting services as needed so often that she can't count the number of times she's helped others, she says.
- Here's the Wells Fargo Foreclosure Lawsuit on the Regions Bank Building
- Video: Asa Hutchinson Talks Tax Cut, Marijuana, Trump
- Fed's James Bullard: Only One Rate Hike Needed Now
- First Waterfowler Hall of Fame Class Inducted 2 days ago
- SPONSORED: Roots Run Deep at Landmark K. Hall & Sons 5 days ago
- Post-Castro, Cubans Can Look Forward to the Future (Ed Kardas Commentary) 2 days ago
- Where Americans Found Jobs: Offices, Clinics, Construction 2 days ago
- Moses Tucker Real Estate Manager Retires 6 days ago