Bell & Co.
North Little Rock
Nell SterlingNell Sterling lives by the Golden Rule, and doing so has won her many admirers.
"She is always so kind, considerate, knowledgeable and is very professional," Hurlan and Yvonne Muncy state in their "40 under 40" nomination letter for Sterling, a certified public accountant and partner with the Bell & Co. firm.
Sterling, remaining true to that description, always tries "to make sure everyone's taken care of," she says.
She had one year of college before working at First Federal Savings & Loan for four years. She then finished her education and joined Bell & Co. in 1986, making deliveries, taking out the trash and doing any other odd job necessary to get into the accounting firm.
"I've worked my way up over the last 10 years and I made partner a couple of years ago," she says.
Much of Sterling's community service is in the accounting business. She often does the financial books for individuals, businesses and organizations who need the knowledge and expertise but do not have the funds to pay for it.
Sterling has provided her accounting services as needed so often that she can't count the number of times she's helped others, she says.
- Here Are the Draft Rules for Medical Marijuana Dispensaries, Cultivators
- Video: Tyson Unveils New Corporate Logo, Growth Strategy at Conference
- Hutchinson: Arkansas 'Ready to Go' on ACA Repeal But Concerned About Trade Tax
- Tandem Self-Storage Sales Combine for $5.2 Million (Real Deals) 12 hours ago
- ‘Colorado Craftsman' Project Enters Little Rock Market 12 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Launches New Front in US Price War; Targets Aldi in Grocery Aisle 4 hours ago
- Ridout Lumber Sold to Illinois Distributor 12 hours ago
- In Northwest Arkansas, Health Care Industry Building On the Boom 12 hours ago