Bell & Co.
North Little Rock
Nell SterlingNell Sterling lives by the Golden Rule, and doing so has won her many admirers.
"She is always so kind, considerate, knowledgeable and is very professional," Hurlan and Yvonne Muncy state in their "40 under 40" nomination letter for Sterling, a certified public accountant and partner with the Bell & Co. firm.
Sterling, remaining true to that description, always tries "to make sure everyone's taken care of," she says.
She had one year of college before working at First Federal Savings & Loan for four years. She then finished her education and joined Bell & Co. in 1986, making deliveries, taking out the trash and doing any other odd job necessary to get into the accounting firm.
"I've worked my way up over the last 10 years and I made partner a couple of years ago," she says.
Much of Sterling's community service is in the accounting business. She often does the financial books for individuals, businesses and organizations who need the knowledge and expertise but do not have the funds to pay for it.
Sterling has provided her accounting services as needed so often that she can't count the number of times she's helped others, she says.
- Duncan Mac Naughton Out as Wal-Mart Chief Merchandising Officer
- Sam's Club, Dillard's Make Consumer Reports Naughty & Nice List
- Dillard's Investor Advises Company to Pursue REIT Spinoff
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- US Attorney Files to Dismiss Mail Fraud Charges Against Martha Shoffner 1 day ago
- Gov.-elect Asa Hutchinson Begins Bureaucrat Shuffle 3 days ago
- Joe Thompson To Leave Surgeon General Post; John Selig Asked to Stay at DHS 1 day ago
- Asa Hutchinson Announces Senior Staff Hires 2 days ago