Bell & Co.
North Little Rock
Nell SterlingNell Sterling lives by the Golden Rule, and doing so has won her many admirers.
"She is always so kind, considerate, knowledgeable and is very professional," Hurlan and Yvonne Muncy state in their "40 under 40" nomination letter for Sterling, a certified public accountant and partner with the Bell & Co. firm.
Sterling, remaining true to that description, always tries "to make sure everyone's taken care of," she says.
She had one year of college before working at First Federal Savings & Loan for four years. She then finished her education and joined Bell & Co. in 1986, making deliveries, taking out the trash and doing any other odd job necessary to get into the accounting firm.
"I've worked my way up over the last 10 years and I made partner a couple of years ago," she says.
Much of Sterling's community service is in the accounting business. She often does the financial books for individuals, businesses and organizations who need the knowledge and expertise but do not have the funds to pay for it.
Sterling has provided her accounting services as needed so often that she can't count the number of times she's helped others, she says.
- At Conference, Tyson Foods Touts Stable Earnings, Sales Growth
- Caterpillar to Lay Off 60 in North Little Rock
- Video: Doug McMillon on Why Wal-Mart Chose Jet.com
- Third Walnut Ridge Defendant Gets Shorter Sentence, Co-Conspirators May Benefit 10 hours ago
- Bank of the Ozarks Contributes to Statewide Deposit Growth 16 hours ago
- Stocks Say 'Nevermind'; Reverse Recent Losses as Banks Jump 10 hours ago
- Update: Brenda Montgomery Gets 57 Months in Prison for Lawrence County Bank Theft 1 day ago
- Group Asks State Supreme Court to Dismiss Challenge to Liability Proposal 10 hours ago