Dr. Niki Andrews
Dr. Niki Andrews
Dr. Niki AndrewsDr. Niki Andrews says she was lucky: She went to college knowing what she wanted to do with her life.
The daughter of a Hazen farmer, Andrews says she was always interested in dentistry.
"I had a really great dentist growing up," she says.
After graduating from the University of Louisville Dental School, she started practicing as a general dentist in 1989. Her current office, which she opened in Little Rock in 1992, employs six people.
"I love what I do; it's very rewarding. I feel it's a wonderful profession for a woman," she says.
She is active in several professional organizations. Last year, Andrews was president of the Pulaski County Dental Society. She's also a member of the American Dental Association and the Central District Dental Society. She has been appointed chair of the Young Dentist Committee for the Arkansas Star Dental Association.
She is past president of the Little Rock chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners.
Andrews and her husband are involved in the Big Brothers and Big Sisters program. Andrews is involved with the Children's Museum's dental exhibit and is a volunteer with the Good Faith program, a mentoring program designed to help new people in business.
"I've always had a lot of energy," the 35-year-old Andrews says, noting she also loves to play piano. "I'm a person who doesn't require a whole lot of sleep."
Andrews also helps out a women's shelter by donating dental items.
- Here's the Wells Fargo Foreclosure Lawsuit on the Regions Bank Building
- Video: Asa Hutchinson Talks Tax Cut, Marijuana, Trump
- Fed's James Bullard: Only One Rate Hike Needed Now
- Beth Ward, Little Rock TV Mainstay, Dies 6 hours ago
- Christen Franke of Franke's Cafeteria Dies at 37 2 days ago
- Low Vacancy in Fayetteville Makes Even Older Properties Stay in High Demand 5 days ago
- Arkansas Supreme Court Throws Out Ruling on Birth Certificate Law 1 day ago
- After 37 Years, Beth Ward Retires From Little Rock TV 1 decade ago