Dr. Niki Andrews
Dr. Niki Andrews
Dr. Niki AndrewsDr. Niki Andrews says she was lucky: She went to college knowing what she wanted to do with her life.
The daughter of a Hazen farmer, Andrews says she was always interested in dentistry.
"I had a really great dentist growing up," she says.
After graduating from the University of Louisville Dental School, she started practicing as a general dentist in 1989. Her current office, which she opened in Little Rock in 1992, employs six people.
"I love what I do; it's very rewarding. I feel it's a wonderful profession for a woman," she says.
She is active in several professional organizations. Last year, Andrews was president of the Pulaski County Dental Society. She's also a member of the American Dental Association and the Central District Dental Society. She has been appointed chair of the Young Dentist Committee for the Arkansas Star Dental Association.
She is past president of the Little Rock chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners.
Andrews and her husband are involved in the Big Brothers and Big Sisters program. Andrews is involved with the Children's Museum's dental exhibit and is a volunteer with the Good Faith program, a mentoring program designed to help new people in business.
"I've always had a lot of energy," the 35-year-old Andrews says, noting she also loves to play piano. "I'm a person who doesn't require a whole lot of sleep."
Andrews also helps out a women's shelter by donating dental items.
- UA Graduate's Design for WWI Memorial Wins Competition
- Here Are the Arkansas Stores Wal-Mart Is Closing
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson Rings NYSE Opening Bell, Appears on CNBC, Fox Business
- Bentonville Urbanites Pick Pocket Community 6 days ago
- In Fort Smith, Developers Eye $5M Revamp of Historic Ward-Garrison Building 3 days ago
- Facebook Posts Raise Questions For Employers 6 days ago
- Tim Griffin to Lead Review of DHS 2 months ago
- Four Join List of 75 Largest Private Companies in Arkansas 2 years ago