Cassady & Co.
Tony CassadyTen years ago. Tony Cassady, with members of his family, bought H.K. Brewer Electric Co. with the idea of expanding its presence as a distributor" of industrial automation products.
Cassady & Co. has grown from one office in Little Rock to locations in Springdale, Texarkana, Texas, and Shreveport, La. The number of employees has grown from 12 in 1987 to 20.
"When we bought H.K. Brewer Electric, it was a technically oriented distributor," says the 39-year-old Cassady. "I felt that automation was something that was here to stay and would be a growing market."
The firm is the authorized distributor of hardware and software products used by such manufacturing giants at Riceland Foods Inc., Tyson Foods Inc., International Paper Co. arid Georgia-Pacific Corp.
"We want be the premier provider in our market for automation solutions to the industrial market," Cassady says. "We are interested in growth; we need to grow to survive. But we are constantly looking at the market area we cover to see how we can service that area better."
Cassady says the company is seriously considering an expansion to a fifth city soon.
Cassady has a decree in industrial engineering from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville. He is the vice president of the Association for High Technology Distribution, a trade organization that includes about 280 businesses from all over North America. After a two-year stint as vice president, he will serve a two-year term as the group's president.
- Caterpillar to Lay Off 60 in North Little Rock
- Video: Doug McMillon on Why Wal-Mart Chose Jet.com
- Wall Street Journal: Bank of the Ozarks Fills Loan Void in Big Markets
- Wal-Mart's McMillon Tops Compensation List of 100 Arkansas Public Company Execs 1 day ago
- Charles Morgan Sues Partner in Lotus Auto Deal 1 day ago
- Conlon Collection Fetches $1.8M at Auction; Proceeds to Pay John Rogers Debt 21 hours ago
- 25 Years After the Arkansas Gazette's Closing, Veterans Consider Consequences 1 day ago
- Latest Numbers Factor in Arkansas Medicaid Debate (Andrew DeMillo Analysis) 2 days ago