Cassady & Co.
Tony CassadyTen years ago. Tony Cassady, with members of his family, bought H.K. Brewer Electric Co. with the idea of expanding its presence as a distributor" of industrial automation products.
Cassady & Co. has grown from one office in Little Rock to locations in Springdale, Texarkana, Texas, and Shreveport, La. The number of employees has grown from 12 in 1987 to 20.
"When we bought H.K. Brewer Electric, it was a technically oriented distributor," says the 39-year-old Cassady. "I felt that automation was something that was here to stay and would be a growing market."
The firm is the authorized distributor of hardware and software products used by such manufacturing giants at Riceland Foods Inc., Tyson Foods Inc., International Paper Co. arid Georgia-Pacific Corp.
"We want be the premier provider in our market for automation solutions to the industrial market," Cassady says. "We are interested in growth; we need to grow to survive. But we are constantly looking at the market area we cover to see how we can service that area better."
Cassady says the company is seriously considering an expansion to a fifth city soon.
Cassady has a decree in industrial engineering from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville. He is the vice president of the Association for High Technology Distribution, a trade organization that includes about 280 businesses from all over North America. After a two-year stint as vice president, he will serve a two-year term as the group's president.
- John James Wants to Turn Old Post Office into Startup Hub
- Arkansas Business Wrote About Police Investigating Richard Johns in 2012
- PTI to Provide Projection Mapping on Old State House for LR Film Festival
- Familiar Face Leads Bank of the Ozarks In Carolinas 5 days ago
- King Coal CEO Stephen Parks Pleads Guilty to Wire Fraud 2 days ago
- Courtyard by Marriott to Open Along Highway 49 in Jonesboro 6 hours ago
- Big Companies, Big Revenue: 75 Largest Private Companies in Arkansas Bring In $32.8B 5 days ago
- Fired Arkansas Treasurer's Office Employee Files Defamation Lawsuit 1 day ago