Director of public relations/media relations
Sarah ClarkSince March, one of Alltel's Communication Inc.'s top spin doctors has been 35-year-old Sarah Clark. Her rise to the director of public relations and media relations for the Alltel division is like an Aldus Huxley tale.
Clark started at Alltel in 1985 as an entry-level public relations clerk. She has been promoted eight times in her career and was named director this year.
"I've had great leaders and mentors here at Alltel," Clark says of her climb at Alltel. "I've also gained experience, over 12 years, and I've learned a lot. I came in as a clerk and have been given the opportunity to mold this department"
She says support from her supervisors through the mistakes she has made has helped her learn and grow, as the department has advanced.
When she started, the department was a two-person operation. Now, she directs nine other employees in Alltel Communication Inc.'s public relations and media relations department.
"I had the background to do the job," she says of the clerk's job she took. "When I saw the ad in the newspaper for the job, I thought, Alltel is a great company. If I can just get my foot in the door, I can show them what I can do.' I was able to go in and do that."
Before working at Alltel, Clark worked at Safeway in the grocery store chain's management trainee program.
In addition to her work at Alltel, Clark is on the board of the Arkansas chapter of the Public Relations Society of America and is a member of the International Association of Business Communicators.
- Twitter Reactions of Interest to SCOTUS Ruling
- UA Makes List of Top 100 US Patent Producers
- Wal-Mart Asks Suppliers for Lower Prices, Fewer Ads
- Cable TV Adapting To New Realities 2 days ago
- Northwest Arkansas Transforming Into a Tech Hub 2 days ago
- Former Jennings Osborne Homes Getting New Owners 2 days ago
- Diane Gilleland on the 'Dramatic Change' of a Diverse Board of Directors 8 hours ago
- Former Hogs QB Clint Stoerner Tangles with Former Business Partners 2 days ago