Boatmen's National Bank
Paul EstererCommercial lending captivated Paul Esterer early in his career. Esterer is vice president of the real estate banking group for Boatmen's National Bank in Little Rock, where he has worked the past two years.
The 30-year-old exec handles real estate loans $2.5 million-$25 million for Arkansas developers across the South. He has a special interest in low-income housing projects developed by nonprofit organizations both professionally and personally.
"I've been the go-to lender to get those projects financed," Esterer says. "I help bring all the players together."
He is an investment partner in the Kramer School Artists Cooperative in downtown Little Rock. The $3.5 million renovation project will house a community center and 22 apartment units/studios for artists.
His banking career began with a four-year term at BankOne in Dallas. He started work as a financial analyst and moved into commercial lending.
Esterer moved to Little Rock to join Citizens First bank as vice president of commercial loans. Three years later, the bank was sold to First Commercial Corp., and Esterer joined Boatmen's.
He graduated from Southern Methodist University in Dallas with a double major in finance and Latin American studies and followed that with a master's in finance at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
His volunteerism resume includes board positions with the Little Rock Metro Rotary Club, Arkansas Children's Museum and Quapaw Quarter Association.
- Wall Street Journal: Bank of the Ozarks Fills Loan Void in Big Markets
- Video: Watch Asa Hutchinson, Leslie Rutledge Speak at the Republican National Convention
- Video: Watch Tom Cotton's Republican National Convention Speech
- Don Soderquist, Former Wal-Mart COO, Dies at 82 2 days ago
- Baldwin & Shell Promote Pair to VP Positions (Movers & Shakers) 2 weeks ago
- Hugg & Hall Purchases RPM Services & Rentals of Louisiana 3 days ago
- Helena Harbor Gets Back On Track 6 days ago
- Dallas Entrepreneur: Hubs Can Connect Startups With Experts, Experience 2 days ago