Executive vice president of TCBY Enterprises Inc.
Little Rock president of Americana Foods
Jim FinkEvery now and then you hear about an accountant who made the big time. Jim Fink is just such a person.
The 30-year-old went 10 work right out of college in 1979 as an accountant for Ernst & Young, and in 1983, he helped TCBY Enterprises Inc. take the company public.
TCBY must have liked what it saw, for the company hired Fink away in 1989 to become its vice president of accounting. Later, TCBY promoted him to senior vice president of accounting, and in 1994 Fink ways named executive vice president.
The big news came June 30 when Fink was chosen as president of Americana Foods, TCBY's frozen dessert manufacturing facility in Dallas.
"Jim Fink has distinguished himself in every area of responsibility he has handled for the company," Frank D. Hickingbotham, chairman and chief executive officer of TCBY, said in a recent announcement.
Fink retains his role as executive vice president of TCBY, so he splits his time between Little Rock and Dallas.
His philosophy; "Treat others as you want to be treated."
Outside of work, Fink is involved in the Sylvan Hills/Sherwood Optimist Club Youth Athletic Program, serving as its treasurer, and coaching a youth baseball team whose roster includes his 10-year-old son.
"I like working with kids, that's what it gets down to."
- FCC Approves Sinclair's $1B Deal to Buy Allbritton TV Stations, Including KATV
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Jerry Barakat Opening Japanese Restaurant in Hillcrest
- 181 People Who Have Got the Power 14 hours ago
- Immigration Reform Now (Editorial) 14 hours ago
- Value Place Hotel Visited by $4M Sale (Real Deals) 14 hours ago
- One Bank Turns Attention to Scooter Stuart Life Insurance Payouts 14 hours ago
- Big River Steel's John Correnti on Government's Role in Private-Sector Projects? 'Stay Out' 14 hours ago