Executive vice president of TCBY Enterprises Inc.
Little Rock president of Americana Foods
Jim FinkEvery now and then you hear about an accountant who made the big time. Jim Fink is just such a person.
The 30-year-old went 10 work right out of college in 1979 as an accountant for Ernst & Young, and in 1983, he helped TCBY Enterprises Inc. take the company public.
TCBY must have liked what it saw, for the company hired Fink away in 1989 to become its vice president of accounting. Later, TCBY promoted him to senior vice president of accounting, and in 1994 Fink ways named executive vice president.
The big news came June 30 when Fink was chosen as president of Americana Foods, TCBY's frozen dessert manufacturing facility in Dallas.
"Jim Fink has distinguished himself in every area of responsibility he has handled for the company," Frank D. Hickingbotham, chairman and chief executive officer of TCBY, said in a recent announcement.
Fink retains his role as executive vice president of TCBY, so he splits his time between Little Rock and Dallas.
His philosophy; "Treat others as you want to be treated."
Outside of work, Fink is involved in the Sylvan Hills/Sherwood Optimist Club Youth Athletic Program, serving as its treasurer, and coaching a youth baseball team whose roster includes his 10-year-old son.
"I like working with kids, that's what it gets down to."
- Soirée: Potbelly Sandwich Shop Coming to Little Rock
- Heartbleed? No Need for Heart Attack, We've Got Help, Advice
- CMS Database Shows Medicare Payments to Doctors, Others in 2012
- Arkansas Doctors Discover the Joys Of Concierge Care 3 days ago
- Three More Banks File Claims Against Dennis Smiley Collateral 18 hours ago
- Wal-Mart CEO Doug McMillon Received $25.6 Million Last Year 15 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Soirée: Potbelly Sandwich Shop Coming to Little Rock 23 hours ago