Don Greenland III
Executive vice president of operations, Conway Division
Nabholz Construction Corp.
Don Greenland IIIDrumming up business for a $90 million division of Conway's Nabholz Construction Corp. is Don Greenland's primary career. After business hours, he gets a kick as a professional musician, drumming and singing with the group Yesteryear.
His tandem pursuits of music and construction came together at Northeast Louisiana University in Monroe, where he graduated in 1983 with a bachelor's degree in construction.
A music scholarship drew Greenland there and his summertime work framing houses sparked an interest in construction. After college, he worked for 18 months at Pickens-bond Construction Co. When the Little Rock firm went out of business, Greenland joined Nabholz, in 1984 as an estimator/project manager.
In 1993, Greenland was named president of the Little Rock division of Nabholz, an office he established. Last year, Greenland was promoted to executive vice president of the Conway division.
Mixed in with his divisional duties are his selection as corporate vice president in 1995, and promotion to corporate senior vice president in 1995.
"My job is to build buildings and keep satisfied customers," says the 36-year-old executive. "I've been blessed to have a fast-paced career with Nabholz."
At 34, Greenland was chosen as the youngest president in the history of the American Society of Professional Estimators. His civic involvement includes the Boy Scouts of America and Reran' International.
- At Conference, Tyson Foods Touts Stable Earnings, Sales Growth
- Caterpillar to Lay Off 60 in North Little Rock
- Video: Doug McMillon on Why Wal-Mart Chose Jet.com
- ESP Confirms Jefferson County Site For $3B Project, Citing Easement Success 1 day ago
- Business Opponents Say Legalizing Medical Marijuana Unsafe, Would Drive Away Jobs 13 hours ago
- Solar Power On the Rise in Arkansas 3 days ago
- What Commuters Can Expect When the Broadway Bridge Closes Wednesday 2 days ago
- New Training Trends Engage Employees (Jim Karrh On Marketing) 3 days ago