Don Greenland III
Executive vice president of operations, Conway Division
Nabholz Construction Corp.
Don Greenland IIIDrumming up business for a $90 million division of Conway's Nabholz Construction Corp. is Don Greenland's primary career. After business hours, he gets a kick as a professional musician, drumming and singing with the group Yesteryear.
His tandem pursuits of music and construction came together at Northeast Louisiana University in Monroe, where he graduated in 1983 with a bachelor's degree in construction.
A music scholarship drew Greenland there and his summertime work framing houses sparked an interest in construction. After college, he worked for 18 months at Pickens-bond Construction Co. When the Little Rock firm went out of business, Greenland joined Nabholz, in 1984 as an estimator/project manager.
In 1993, Greenland was named president of the Little Rock division of Nabholz, an office he established. Last year, Greenland was promoted to executive vice president of the Conway division.
Mixed in with his divisional duties are his selection as corporate vice president in 1995, and promotion to corporate senior vice president in 1995.
"My job is to build buildings and keep satisfied customers," says the 36-year-old executive. "I've been blessed to have a fast-paced career with Nabholz."
At 34, Greenland was chosen as the youngest president in the history of the American Society of Professional Estimators. His civic involvement includes the Boy Scouts of America and Reran' International.
- Rod Ford: Little Rock Startup Scene Needs Capital
- Community Bankers Group Responds to Wal-Mart's GoBank Checking Accounts
- Report: David Tovar Resigned From Wal-Mart Over Resume Falsehood
- Sager Sells Allens Properties to Jim Bob Duggar 2 days ago
- Murphy Oil Sells 30 Percent of Malaysia Assets for $2B 16 hours ago
- Here's How You Can Get Into Warren Stephens' Exclusive Alotian Club 1 year ago
- Otter Creek Mall Development Decades in the Making 2 days ago
- If Arkansas Goes Wet, ABC Has Plan 2 days ago