Executive Vice President
Trans-States Lines Inc.
Scott HembreeCorporate unrest inside Arkansas Best Corp. in the late 1980's led to the spinoff of Translates Lines Inc. of Fort Smith, a division ultimately bought by that city's Hembree family.
The purchase was directed and negotiated by the only family member in an executive role with the company, Scott Hembree.
Hembree, now 36, started working as. a dock hand in the early 1980's for ABF Freight System Inc. while he was finishing up college at the University of Arkansas. After he graduated, he moved into management with Arkansas Best Corp. and eventually resigned after the corporation was bought by Kelso & Co. in 1988.
After the Hembrees took over Trans-States Lines in 1989, Hembree became vice president and director of human resources.
In the eight years since the company changed hands, it has more than doubled in size to 750 employees and $65 million in annual revenue. Today, Hembree is executive vice president of the company doing "a little bit of everything," but working mainly with the company's insurance and finance. He also serves as president of subsidiary Trans-America Tire Inc.
In high school, Hembree lettered in football at Northside High School. He is an Eagle Scout and is a member of the Boy Scouts' Westark Area Council executive board- He's been chairman of the Arkansas Community Foundation and the Fort Smith Municipal Air-port Commission. Hembree is president of the Arkansas Health Care Coalition and is on several other community boards.
- UA Graduate's Design for WWI Memorial Wins Competition
- Here Are the Arkansas Stores Wal-Mart Is Closing
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson Rings NYSE Opening Bell, Appears on CNBC, Fox Business
- Bentonville Urbanites Pick Pocket Community 7 days ago
- Arkansas Up for Grabs After Huckabee Exit (Andrew DeMillo Analysis) 11 hours ago
- Arkansas Supreme Court Race Pits Judge vs Little Rock Lawyer 11 hours ago
- Tim Griffin to Lead Review of DHS 2 months ago
- In Fort Smith, Developers Eye $5M Revamp of Historic Ward-Garrison Building 3 days ago