Morgan Keegan & Co.
Mark LeeMark Lee came to Little Rock in 1989 to take the reins of Morgan Keegan & Co.'s new branch after its acquisition of T.J. Raney & Sons Inc. He planned to stay a couple of years and then, possibly, return to Memphis.
Eight years later, Lee is still directing Morgan Keegan's operations in Arkansas. He decided to remain in Little Rock because "quite frankly, I fell in love with this place."
Morgan Keegan's success certainly played a part in Lee's decision to stay. Other than the Memphis corporate headquarters. Morgan Keegan's Little Rock branch is the largest and most profitable of 38 offices.
Morgan Keegan's revenue in Arkansas has increases five times since 1989 with about the same number of employees. Through the first six months of this year, Morgan Keegan is the leading underwriter of municipal bonds in the state.
Lee, 38, was Morgan Keegan's top retail broker two years ago and has been among the top five for the past five years.
"What I want to do at Morgan Keegan is to be a part of continuing the growth we've experienced the past several years," says Lee, a graduate of the University of Mississippi who has been with Morgan Keegan for 14 years. "It's a great company to work for, because it's run by brokers, top to bottom."
He is part owner of Morgan Keegan's five-story corporate office in Riverdale Corporate Park. He also is vice chairman and co-owner of Polyflex Film & Converting Co. of Summit, Miss., a $20 million packaging firm.
- IKEA is Coming to Memphis
- Twerking, Meditation Lead Year's Top Google How-To Searches in Little Rock
- Wal-Mart CEO Says Company's U.S. Workers Will Soon Make Above Federal Minimum Wage
- Outlets at Little Rock Developer Talks Construction, Tenants, Impact 2 days ago
- First Arkansas Bank Wins $14.5M Default Judgment Against John Rogers 13 hours ago
- With China Venture in Rearview Mirror, Mark McLarty Turns Efforts Home 1 day ago
- Arkansas Baptist Gets $30M to Repay Debt, Get Back on Track 5 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago