Morgan Keegan & Co.
Mark LeeMark Lee came to Little Rock in 1989 to take the reins of Morgan Keegan & Co.'s new branch after its acquisition of T.J. Raney & Sons Inc. He planned to stay a couple of years and then, possibly, return to Memphis.
Eight years later, Lee is still directing Morgan Keegan's operations in Arkansas. He decided to remain in Little Rock because "quite frankly, I fell in love with this place."
Morgan Keegan's success certainly played a part in Lee's decision to stay. Other than the Memphis corporate headquarters. Morgan Keegan's Little Rock branch is the largest and most profitable of 38 offices.
Morgan Keegan's revenue in Arkansas has increases five times since 1989 with about the same number of employees. Through the first six months of this year, Morgan Keegan is the leading underwriter of municipal bonds in the state.
Lee, 38, was Morgan Keegan's top retail broker two years ago and has been among the top five for the past five years.
"What I want to do at Morgan Keegan is to be a part of continuing the growth we've experienced the past several years," says Lee, a graduate of the University of Mississippi who has been with Morgan Keegan for 14 years. "It's a great company to work for, because it's run by brokers, top to bottom."
He is part owner of Morgan Keegan's five-story corporate office in Riverdale Corporate Park. He also is vice chairman and co-owner of Polyflex Film & Converting Co. of Summit, Miss., a $20 million packaging firm.
- Hutchinson: Arkansas 'Ready to Go' on ACA Repeal But Concerned About Trade Tax
- Live Video: Watch Gov. Asa Hutchinson's Speech to the Legislature
- On MSNBC, Fox Business, Cotton and Hutchinson Talk Health Care Reform
- Regions Center Consultant: 'Improper Actions' Led to Bankruptcy 1 day ago
- SPONSORED: Platinum Drywall Succeeds With Work Ethic, Reputation 21 hours ago
- As Arkansas Lottery's Luster Fades, Numbers Signal Challenges 1 day ago
- Lottery Scholarship Has Evolved Since Halter's First Proposal 1 day ago
- Simmons to Buy Fort Worth Bank in Third Deal Announced Since November 12 hours ago