Pine Bluff Plant National Filtration Corp.
Laurie PascaleGraduating from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville with a bachelor's degree in housing and interior design Laurie Pascale, 34, only intended to work for her father for a year or so, until she found what she wanted.
Her dad's business was then called National Wire Fabric Co. It has since been sold to National Wire Fabric Corp., part of the Scapa Group of the United Kingdom. National Filtration is a supplier of broadloom and wire cloth products for the paper industry.
Early in her career her biggest problem was not that she was a woman, but it was her age and the fact that she was the boss's daughter.
"I've since earned the respect of the workers. Once I spent 36 hours straight in a hot paper mill as workers installed our product," she says. And she continuously finds time to get out of the office and walk around the plant and talk with the workers, .listening to their problems and their ideas.
On July 1, she became the first woman president of the Rotary Club of Pine Bluff. She says her goals with the service club are to strengthen the membership and to gain new members. She also serves on the board of the United Way of Southeast Arkansas and is a past board member of the Junior League of Pine Bluff. She has been very active on the Performing Arts Committee of the Arts and Science Center of Southeast Arkansas.
"I appreciate the people [management] who have given me a chance - enough rope to swing or to hang myself."
- After Baltz Firing, CARTI Issues Statement
- Update: Asa Hutchinson, Others React to DOJ Policy Change on Marijuana
- Alice Walton Sells Her 1,400-Acre Texas Ranch
- Cogswell Motors Owner, Wife Found Dead 2 days ago
- Coulson Oil to Build New Headquarters in NorthShore Business Park 15 hours ago
- Hooters Set to Open in May 4 days ago
- Alliance Insurance Agents Surprised by AID Order; Plan to Buy Insolvent Agency 2 days ago
- Insurance Agent Berry Bishop Accused of Fraud, Misuse of Premium 3 days ago