President and CEO
Beach Enterprises Inc.
Bryan PittsLeading the family business someday was a foregone conclusion for Bryan Pitts. Becoming president and chief executive officer of Little Rock's Beach Enterprises Inc. was something the 37-year-old began working toward a long time ago.
However, the sudden death of his father, George Pitts Jr., forced a jolting leadership transition last September and shoved him to the forefront.
"My father built a wonderful company," Pitts says. "The pressure on me is not to screw it up."
The growing Beach Enterprises family includes Beach Abstract & Guaranty Co. and Little Rock Abstract Co., Saline County Abstract & Guaranty Co. in Benton, Hot Springs Title Co., Jacksonville Title Co., Conway Title Services Inc. and Allmon-Mack Title Services Inc. in Russellville.
The multimillion-dollar holdings include varied real estate investments and a 50 percent stake in Little Rock's Central Bank & Trust.
Pitts attended two years at the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville before returning to work full time with Beach enterprises.
"I could've gone to school two years or 10 years, but my career path would've been the same," Pitts says, "It never occurred to me to do anything else because I was so close with my dad. I always, wanted to work with Dad.
Civic and volunteer involvement includes the Little Rock Executive Association, Rotary Club 99 and the Bolo Bash, an annual fund-raiser for The Baptist Health Foundation.
- Report: Maumelle Police Close Murder-Suicide Case Involving UALR Professor
- Happy #ARLEGValentines Day!
- Stone Ward's Danny Koteras Reviews Super Bowl Ads
- Update: Baptist Health-NLR Agrees to $2.7 Million Settlement for Medicare Billing Dispute 2 days ago
- Centennial Bank Acquires Florida Branches in FDIC-Assisted Deal 2 days ago
- Book Excerpt: Charles Morgan on Jeff Ubben, Acxiom's Battle With ValueAct 2 days ago
- Report: Maumelle Police Close Murder-Suicide Case Involving UALR Professor 4 days ago
- George Dunklin the High Bidder in Auction of Arkansas, Jefferson County Land 4 days ago