Mark PryorMark Pryor is planning another run for attorney general. It will be his second stab at the job since he turned 30.
Pryor, 34, has a record of political achievement. He served as a representative in the state House for Districts, 59 and 57 from 1991-94.
He knows politics in Arkansas and understands the game. He should; his father, former U.S. Sen. David Pryor, held numerous stare offices including state representative and governor.
Mark Pryor now has a private law practice in Little Rock. His primary focus is on workers' compensation and civil litigation. He started his career in law after graduating from the University of Arkansas School of Law in 1988 with a job at Wright Lindsey & Jennings. He worked at the Little Rock firm from 1988-96, specializing in civil litigation and immigration law.
In 1994 Pryor challenged the incumbent attorney general, Winston Bryant, for the job and lost.
Pryor's not held an elected office since 1994, hut he has been politically active.
During the 81st General Assembly earlier this year, he represented TeleTruth Arkansas, a group of long-distance telephone service providers who opposed the Arkansas Telecommunications Reform Act of 1997. Despite his efforts, the bill was approved by the Legislature and was signed into law by Gov. Mike Huckabee.
In addition to his past and future political endeavors, Pryor has been active as a board member of Friends of Carousel and a board member of the cardiovascular cabinet for the Arkansas Heart Association.
- IKEA is Coming to Memphis
- Twerking, Meditation Lead Year's Top Google How-To Searches in Little Rock
- Wal-Mart CEO Says Company's U.S. Workers Will Soon Make Above Federal Minimum Wage
- Outlets at Little Rock Developer Talks Construction, Tenants, Impact 18 hours ago
- Gray Divorce: Arkansas Attorneys On How Late-Life Splits Threaten Retirement 4 days ago
- Windstream Details REIT Stock Structure, Plans Special Meeting 19 hours ago
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Donating to Gay Rights Campaign in Arkansas, Alabama, Mississippi 14 hours ago
- Site Work Starts on Outlet Mall in Southwest Little Rock 6 months ago