Executive vice president
Boatmen's National Bank of Arkansas
Susie SmithSusie Smith, 36, is having fun as consumer executive for Boatmen's National Bank of Arkansas.
She started with what was then Worthen Bank nine years ago in the accounting department. A certified public accountant, she worked there until the opportunity arose to take on a logger role with the departure of the head of retail at the bank. She became chief financial officer and using her interpersonal skills she now has moved to the position of executive vice president with direct responsibility for the central and southern regions of Arkansas and indirect responsibility for the two northern regions.
"It's been quite a transition over the past year and a half from accounting to retail, but its been lots of fun," she says. Boatmen's brought in many sales incentives that made it fun as well as made money for the workers, which, in turn, made her job much easier, she says.
"I truly am only as good as the people around me. I'm fortunate to have some good managers working with me," Smith says.
A graduate of Washington University at St. Louis, she has been active on the Arkansas Easter Seal Development Council, trying to encourage her peers to get involved as volunteers for the organization. She is also on the board of the Children's Museum of Arkansas. She has also served with the Junior League of Little Rock and with the Arkansas Repertory Theater. This fall she says she will take on a new project as a Brownie troop leader.
- Video: Bank of the Ozarks Marks 20 Years as a Public Company at Nasdaq
- Watch the Wal-Mart Shareholders' Meeting Here
- SCA Pharmaceuticals to Build 90K-SF Plant in Connecticut
- 8th Circuit Reverses Holmes, Tosses Sanctions Against Goodson, Others 14 hours ago
- Last Reporter, John Lyon, Is Laid Off at Arkansas News Bureau 2 days ago
- As Marijuana Industry Beckons, Banks Just Say No 2 days ago
- "Hoarding: Buried Alive" Makes Housecall In Northwest Arkansas 7 years ago
- Brian Reemtsen to Lead Arkansas Children's Heart Institute 2 days ago