Arkansas Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Clinic
Jimmy TuckerSince the tornadoes that ravaged Arkadelphia and the Little Rock area March 1, Dr. Jimmy Tucker has been a man with little free time.
Tucker, a surgeon who runs the Arkansas Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Clinic, performed quite a bit of work at no cost to the uninsured victims of the tornadoes.
"I haven't had a day off," he says. "I just took one of those patients off crutches the other day. That was good to get them back on their feet."
The 36-year-old Tucker works at Baptist Medical Center, Baptist Memorial, St. Vincent Infirmary Medical Center and Columbia Doctors Hospital and various area outpatient centers along with his duties at his clinic.
Tucker is also one of the pioneers in Arkansas of a new surgery technique, the Oates procedure, to replace cartilage in the knee and help patients who are suffering from early arthritis and difficulty in walking.
Tucker played sports in high school, and even then he knew he wanted to be a doctor. Being involved with athletes is why he decided on orthopedics.
"I also do trauma surgery, mainly car wrecks and bigger injuries that may involve the pelvis or the knee," he says. Tucker's peers also say he is outstanding dealing with foot injuries.
He joined the late Dr. Roger Clark just a year ago at Arkansas Sports Medicine after completing a lengthy orthopedic education. He attended Henderson State and then UAMS before studying at the University of Tennessee's School of Orthopedics in Chattanooga.
Away from medicine, Tucker teaches a teen-age class at his church.
- Fed's James Bullard: Only One Rate Hike Needed Now
- Boone County Airport Board Selects Contour Airlines for EAS
- UCA Narrows Applicants for President
- USA Truck Names New CFO James Reed 23 hours ago
- Arkansas Health Firms Owner Sentenced to 7 Years for Bribery 1 day ago
- Arkansas Court Disqualifies Medical Marijuana Proposal, Issue 7 1 day ago
- Two Financial Centre Sold for $11.3M 1 day ago
- Online Recruitment Works If Done Correctly, Experts Say 5 days ago