Arkansas Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Clinic
Jimmy TuckerSince the tornadoes that ravaged Arkadelphia and the Little Rock area March 1, Dr. Jimmy Tucker has been a man with little free time.
Tucker, a surgeon who runs the Arkansas Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Clinic, performed quite a bit of work at no cost to the uninsured victims of the tornadoes.
"I haven't had a day off," he says. "I just took one of those patients off crutches the other day. That was good to get them back on their feet."
The 36-year-old Tucker works at Baptist Medical Center, Baptist Memorial, St. Vincent Infirmary Medical Center and Columbia Doctors Hospital and various area outpatient centers along with his duties at his clinic.
Tucker is also one of the pioneers in Arkansas of a new surgery technique, the Oates procedure, to replace cartilage in the knee and help patients who are suffering from early arthritis and difficulty in walking.
Tucker played sports in high school, and even then he knew he wanted to be a doctor. Being involved with athletes is why he decided on orthopedics.
"I also do trauma surgery, mainly car wrecks and bigger injuries that may involve the pelvis or the knee," he says. Tucker's peers also say he is outstanding dealing with foot injuries.
He joined the late Dr. Roger Clark just a year ago at Arkansas Sports Medicine after completing a lengthy orthopedic education. He attended Henderson State and then UAMS before studying at the University of Tennessee's School of Orthopedics in Chattanooga.
Away from medicine, Tucker teaches a teen-age class at his church.
- At Conference, Tyson Foods Touts Stable Earnings, Sales Growth
- Caterpillar to Lay Off 60 in North Little Rock
- Video: Doug McMillon on Why Wal-Mart Chose Jet.com
- ESP Confirms Jefferson County Site For $3B Project, Citing Easement Success 2 days ago
- Business Opponents Say Legalizing Medical Marijuana Unsafe, Would Drive Away Jobs 20 hours ago
- Solar Power On the Rise in Arkansas 3 days ago
- What Commuters Can Expect When the Broadway Bridge Closes Wednesday 2 days ago
- Clean Line Meets Resistance from Arkansas Lawmakers 3 days ago